Moving the cursor in a memo field.
Author Message
 Moving the cursor in a memo field.

I would like to be able to do a search in a large memo field, highlight the
string found and place the cursor at that point.
The search is no problem( I think!), what I need to know is how would I move
the cursor to the appropriate location
What commands (if any) would I use to handle this type of routine?

Thank you - Ed Campbell
Using C5b

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:58:14 GMT
 Moving the cursor in a memo field.
Hi Ed

Have a look in the help for Prop:SelStart and Prop:SelEnd.  This will
highlight a selection of text in your memo field.

Cheers
Simon Burrows
VariView templates. - Display your variables and fields as you run your
application
WordSpell templates. - Seamlessly use MS Word's Spell checker in your apps.
Screen Redesigner templates - Let your customers change your screen layouts
and control properties to suit their needs at runtime.
List & Label Templates - Unlimited report layouts, defined by your user at
runtime in your Clarion application
Free template sets
http://www.solace-software.demon.co.uk

Quote:
> I would like to be able to do a search in a large memo field, highlight
the
> string found and place the cursor at that point.
> The search is no problem( I think!), what I need to know is how would I
move
> the cursor to the appropriate location
> What commands (if any) would I use to handle this type of routine?

> Thank you - Ed Campbell
> Using C5b

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:05:32 GMT

1. Cursor Position in Memo field

2. Cursor Position in a MEMO field

3. move the name of cursor (not the cursor itself) on the XY graph

4. Problem with hot field display of a memo field

5. Moving Group field to single field?

6. moving a alpha numeric field to a numeric field

7. NO CURSOR IN MEMO

8. Cursor disappears in memo

9. Moving the mouse cursor at bottom right of the screen

10. Move mouse-cursor and send mouse-click

11. Cursor Moves no characters appear

12. Moving cursor in the browse manually