C4a-ABC: Update Record from browse window.
Author Message
 C4a-ABC: Update Record from browse window.

I am trying to update a field in a browse window by pressing a button
control to assign a new value to the field.  This is without using an update
form or in-line editing.  This is a sample of the code I placed in the
buttons accept embed:

BRW1.UpdateViewRecord()
PRE:DATE_COM=DATECOMPLETE
Access:JOBORDER.Update()
BRW1.ResetFromFile()
SELECT(BRW1.ListControl)

It appears to change the value and display it, but I believe it is not
properly updating the index.

Any assistance would be appriciated.

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C4a-ABC: Update Record from browse window.
Using the FoxPro Driver.

Quote:

>I am trying to update a field in a browse window by pressing a button
>control to assign a new value to the field.  This is without using an
update
>form or in-line editing.  This is a sample of the code I placed in the
>buttons accept embed:

>BRW1.UpdateViewRecord()
>PRE:DATE_COM=DATECOMPLETE
>Access:JOBORDER.Update()
>BRW1.ResetFromFile()
>SELECT(BRW1.ListControl)

>It appears to change the value and display it, but I believe it is not
>properly updating the index.

>Any assistance would be appriciated.

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Strange C4a (ABC) error in Form update

2. C4a Browse not updating

3. C4a Highlight bar on first record in queue returning from update

4. c4a ABC: title of current tab onto window

5. C4b ABC - Find and highlight a certain record in a child browse

6. C5 ABC find record in browse

7. Identify currently selected record in ABC Browse

8. Locating default record in browse(ABC) with composite key

9. Locate the record in Browse(CW4 ABC)?

10. Update template (ABC) with PostgreSQL (insert record using serial problem)

11. C4 ABC - auto-call a procedure when returning from a browse update

12. ABC Browse with Child Update