Clarion apps as NT Services Application
Author Message
 Clarion apps as NT Services Application

Hi

I have an app which is just reading some TPS files and put the data to an
ASCII file (for export to another app. which is not an C5 app).  This is
done once a day.  It is a simple app. written in C5 and it is running on a
NT server.  My customer is wondering why I dont have made this as a Win NT
service application.  Is this possible ?  If it is, how is this done ?

Regards
Dag B. Hildre

Wed, 01 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion apps as NT Services Application
The  Free CW API Toolkit version 1.3 for CW 1.5, 2.0, and C4 does that under
32bits.
I don't know if it works with C5 apps. And the ABC Free Templates and Tools
for Clarion 5 include functions and templates for API NT Service Global
Support.
You can find them at http://www.clarioncentral.com/Default.htm

Regards.
Artur Madeira

Quote:

>Hi

>I have an app which is just reading some TPS files and put the data to an
>ASCII file (for export to another app. which is not an C5 app).  This is
>done once a day.  It is a simple app. written in C5 and it is running on a
>NT server.  My customer is wondering why I dont have made this as a Win NT
>service application.  Is this possible ?  If it is, how is this done ?

>Regards
>Dag B. Hildre

Wed, 01 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion apps as NT Services Application

Quote:
>The  Free CW API Toolkit version 1.3 for CW 1.5, 2.0, and C4 does that under
>32bits.
>I don't know if it works with C5 apps. And the ABC Free Templates and Tools
>for Clarion 5 include functions and templates for API NT Service Global
>Support.
>You can find them at http://www.clarioncentral.com/Default.htm

http://www.dlcwest.com/~sorev/topspeed

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion apps as NT Services Application
Here's a free OCX that I believe might help you:
It turns a project into an NT Service. We didn't test it specifically with
Clarion, but it worked right out of the proverbial box with Delphi, VB and
VC++
http://www.backupreport.com/pub/ntsvocx/ntservice_downl.htm

Regards.
Liam

Quote:

> Hi

> I have an app which is just reading some TPS files and put the data to an
> ASCII file (for export to another app. which is not an C5 app).  This is
> done once a day.  It is a simple app. written in C5 and it is running on a
> NT server.  My customer is wondering why I dont have made this as a Win NT
> service application.  Is this possible ?  If it is, how is this done ?

> Regards
> Dag B. Hildre

Sun, 12 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion App as an NT Service

2. Clarion App as an NT service

3. CW BUG: Clarion Apps / NT Services

4. packaged app as NT service?

5. How to install webconn app as NT service?

6. Question on CW app as an NT service, running Command Line PGP

7. C4 App as NT Service

8. CW App as an NT Service

9. Converting APP to an NT service

10. Running tcl/tk App as NT Service

11. Running Application as NT Service

12. MFCobol application under NT service