How to save a file as EXCEL format?
Author Message
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?

I'm using Clarion 4.  I see there're no database driver for EXCEL.  Only for
dbase, DOS, BASIC, etc.  How could save a file as EXCEL format?

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
You are right that Clarion can't do it directly.  There are several options.

1. Write to a text file (Basic, ASCII, or DOS database drivers).  You can't
do any cell formatting, but you will have the data in a file that Excel
"understands".
2. Look for a third-party product that allows Clarion to write to a "native"
Excel file.  I don't know if such a product exists or not.  It would
probably use a DLL or OCX based product.
3. Use OLE to "talk" to Excel, "sending" it the data.  With this option, you
can format the spreadsheet any way you want, just as if you were using Excel
directly.  Any machine that runs your program will need Excel installed on
it.

--

Jay Guengerich
Reliable Development Corp.

C5EEb ABC, CW2.003, CFD 3.102

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
There are a product In Argentina Called DMBreport version G.

It was made by an Argetin called Diego Borojovich and thsi software let to
export the report not only to Exccel but CSV, RTF, HTML, etc

Jorge Herrera

Quote:

> I'm using Clarion 4.  I see there're no database driver for EXCEL.  Only
for
> dbase, DOS, BASIC, etc.  How could save a file as EXCEL format?

> Thanks!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
Mingzhu,
You may have to use DDE to directly write to an Excel file.  Include
'dde.clw' in your Global Map and use ddePoke calls to store the data.  The
User's Guide shows some examples.

If you don't mind multiples steps, there is a straight forward and more
flexible way of doing this:  Create a BASIC (Comma Delimited) file in your
dictionary and declare the necessary variables that you need to store in
Excel.  In your app procedure simply copy the data to your BASIC file.  Run
your app and you are done!  Terminate your app and start your MS/Excel.
Open the BASIC file using the CSV file type.  I hope this helps.  - Tong

Quote:

>I'm using Clarion 4.  I see there're no database driver for EXCEL.  Only
for
>dbase, DOS, BASIC, etc.  How could save a file as EXCEL format?

>Thanks!

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
I use the Tab delimited format but  make sure you include a warning of
what excel may do when importing.
in my case I observed that excel had modified a Aircraft part number
of     10/4-1   into  10 April 2001  and did not notify at all , as
this is a aircraft maintenance program and the need for no errors is
high   ,  i feel like shooting these {*filter*}s.

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?

> I'm using Clarion 4.  I see there're no database driver for EXCEL.  Only
for
> dbase, DOS, BASIC, etc.  How could save a file as EXCEL format?

You can export the file as comma delimited ASCII and just make sure to use
.CSV as the file extension. Excel opens it without complaining.

Mike Hanson has a PD template to export records to a CSV file using a
process. I do not recall his web site but look for on
http://www.tomruby.com/turnpike/

I also have a template that exports a browse to an Excel spreadsheet using
DDE. Unfortunately I do not know if it is freeware, nor do I know who wrote
it, so I cannot send it to you.

Cheers,
Andy

Tue, 01 Apr 2003 07:18:57 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
Using Ole with Excel is really pretty easy.

Plenty of examples in these newsgroups & on the various KB's.

--
-------------
Stephen Ingle

Tue, 01 Apr 2003 13:42:51 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
Hi!

We currently use HTML tables for export to Excel (can be written using the
ASCII driver). These can then be viewed in a browser if the customer doesn't
own Excel:

A:Line = '<HTML><BODY><TABLE><TR><TD>Field1</TD><TD>Field2</TD></TR>';
Add(Asciifile)

set()
next()
loop while not errorcode()
    A:Line = '<TR><TD>' & Field1 & '</TD><TD>' & Field2
&'</TD></TR>';Add(Asciifile)
    next()
end
A:Line = '</TABLE></BODY></HTML>'; Add(Asciifile)

These source could easily be converted to write XML files as well...

Regards,
Jens

--
Jens Weiermann
MeData EDV-Systeme

Quote:
> I'm using Clarion 4.  I see there're no database driver for EXCEL.  Only
for
> dbase, DOS, BASIC, etc.  How could save a file as EXCEL format?

> Thanks!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:48:59 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?

Quote:
> I'm using Clarion 4.  I see there're no database driver for EXCEL.  Only
for
> dbase, DOS, BASIC, etc.  How could save a file as EXCEL format?

> Thanks!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Hi

Look at http://www.russitabank.ru/ik/ik_w.html
Source code + dll (cw4 & cw5) + app(cw4)
shows how to export any file to excel
in binary

Very simple to use.

IK

Tue, 01 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
Also, for future reference, since THIS Excel option is not released yet,
here is a previous message from Mike McLoughlin of Sterling Data

Subject: Re: save to file xls

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clarion

Hi Dave,

Quote:
>>or is the .xls option coming out in the

4.1 or 5 version?

It will probably be called 4.1 - the Excel97 DLL has been
written for Clarion by Igor Kuklin and will be in the form
of an optional extra to IMPEX.

Like LsPack is for BackFlash.

Mike
--
+++++++++++++++++++++++
The Clarion Resource Center

Vendor Name - Sterling Data, Contact - Mike McLoughlin
Primary ID - Impex, BackFlash, SearchFlash

Internet Link - http://www.sterlingdata.com/

says...

Quote:

> > I'm using Clarion 4.  I see there're no database driver for EXCEL.  Only
> for
> > dbase, DOS, BASIC, etc.  How could save a file as EXCEL format?

--
From Encourager Software - David Troxell,

Author of Product Scope 32 Bookmarks -
Profile Exchanges - Clarion Third Party, Clarion Application,
Newsgroup - Email, HTML, PRO Music USB, and Search Engines
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Tue, 01 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
Pick up Mike Hanson's Super Import Export. It allows you to export any file
structure out to an Excel csv file with a couple of mouse clicks. You can
select which fields you want to export at runtime.

Regards,
Chet Sapino

Quote:

> I'm using Clarion 4.  I see there're no database driver for EXCEL.  Only
for
> dbase, DOS, BASIC, etc.  How could save a file as EXCEL format?

> Thanks!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Wed, 02 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
Igor,

Just a comment but I think you'd have a LOT more interest/traffic if you
used PKZip or WinZip to archive your contributions.  ARJ is not a very
popular format anymore, in fact I can't even find a utility to unarchive
it!

Al

Quote:

> > I'm using Clarion 4.  I see there're no database driver for EXCEL.  Only
> for
> > dbase, DOS, BASIC, etc.  How could save a file as EXCEL format?

> > Thanks!

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> Hi

> Look at http://www.russitabank.ru/ik/ik_w.html
> Source code + dll (cw4 & cw5) + app(cw4)
> shows how to export any file to excel
> in binary

> Very simple to use.

> IK

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 08:29:48 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
Al:

Try http://www.arjsoftware.com

Hope this helps,

Zorgat
-----------------------------

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 00:29:48 GMT, Al Randall

Quote:

>Igor,

>Just a comment but I think you'd have a LOT more interest/traffic if you
>used PKZip or WinZip to archive your contributions.  ARJ is not a very
>popular format anymore, in fact I can't even find a utility to unarchive
>it!

>Al

>> > I'm using Clarion 4.  I see there're no database driver for EXCEL.  Only
>> for
>> > dbase, DOS, BASIC, etc.  How could save a file as EXCEL format?

>> > Thanks!

>> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> > Before you buy.

>> Hi

>> Look at http://www.russitabank.ru/ik/ik_w.html
>> Source code + dll (cw4 & cw5) + app(cw4)
>> shows how to export any file to excel
>> in binary

>> Very simple to use.

>> IK

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:53:42 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
You can download the latests PKZIP from my website
http://www.jvz.co.za or is it http://www.jvz.co.za/mssql
Cheers
JVZ

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 00:29:48 GMT, Al Randall

Quote:

>Igor,

>Just a comment but I think you'd have a LOT more interest/traffic if you
>used PKZip or WinZip to archive your contributions.  ARJ is not a very
>popular format anymore, in fact I can't even find a utility to unarchive
>it!

>Al

>> > I'm using Clarion 4.  I see there're no database driver for EXCEL.  Only
>> for
>> > dbase, DOS, BASIC, etc.  How could save a file as EXCEL format?

>> > Thanks!

>> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> > Before you buy.

>> Hi

>> Look at http://www.russitabank.ru/ik/ik_w.html
>> Source code + dll (cw4 & cw5) + app(cw4)
>> shows how to export any file to excel
>> in binary

>> Very simple to use.

>> IK

greetings from Johan van Zyl
Somerset West
South Africa

Clarion 5ee, FM2
Customised Software

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 13:24:28 GMT
 How to save a file as EXCEL format?
Johan,

I may be wrong (often am) but I don't think PKZip will work against
"ARJ" files.

Al

Quote:

> You can download the latests PKZIP from my website
> http://www.jvz.co.za or is it http://www.jvz.co.za/mssql
> Cheers
> JVZ

> On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 00:29:48 GMT, Al Randall

> >Igor,

> >Just a comment but I think you'd have a LOT more interest/traffic if you
> >used PKZip or WinZip to archive your contributions.  ARJ is not a very
> >popular format anymore, in fact I can't even find a utility to unarchive
> >it!

> >Al

> >> for

> >> Hi

> >> Look at http://www.russitabank.ru/ik/ik_w.html
> >> Source code + dll (cw4 & cw5) + app(cw4)
> >> shows how to export any file to excel
> >> in binary

> >> Very simple to use.

> >> IK

> greetings from Johan van Zyl
> Somerset West
> South Africa

> Clarion 5ee, FM2
> Customised Software

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 18 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Saving Excel files in dBase format?

2. Saving an Open excel file as a text file

3. Saving 2D array data to excel files( or AGL files)

4. Excel toolkit --excel save.vi is broken arrow

5. How to save excel file after changes made

6. saving a excel sheet as a csv file

7. Excel 97 file format ?

8. Worksheet Library (Lotus/Excel) or File format

9. to store data in excel format using write to spreadsheet file

10. Excel xls file format

11. Excel file format

12. Package for writing (and reading) the excel file format: