Mysteriously vanishing browse box data
Author Message
 Mysteriously vanishing browse box data

I installed my CW 2.0 upgrade as soon as it came out. I had been using
1.51. I love 2.0, and last week I finally got my last application
moved over. I had a problem with a couple of files that had a field
called 'New', which is now a reserved word. The file conversion ran
perfectly and I tested the App. It worked perfectly too. So I took it
to my clients site and installed it.

Now an intermittent problem has appeared. Occasionally when a user
opens a browse or file loaded drop combo, the browse will be empty
even though there are hundreds of valid data items in the file. The
only way for them to get the browse to populate is to close the
application and restart it. The files involved are not any of the
files modified for the keyword conflict.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Sun, 28 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Mysteriously vanishing browse box data

 YES! I have indeed encountered this problem, and if you have a few
minutes, I'll let you know all of the other problems I've had with using
2.0 for a whole 2 days. The problem you describe apparently stems from the
templates, not the actual file drivers. Because I converted my files from
Clarion over to Topspeed and had the same problem. CW 2.000 seems to think
that the files are either not found or not open, even though it already
found them a few minutes ago... Weird, eh?
 You know, I took a 1.5 app that was working fine, and brought it into
2.000, re-compiled it and ran it, and wham... Right away noticed 2.000 was
not going to be the all-encompassing programming tool... Either the BETA
testers are NOT doing their job reporting OBVIOUS errors, or the folks at
Topspeed are having fun with us... I mean, the errors I've found are
glaring and hard to miss, if you have a simple app with a browse box and 2
records. Geez.

 Needless to say, I'm formulating a list of all my encounters and
suggestions, and will forward it onto Topspeed for them to ignore shortly.

-Rich
switch to ms ie3.0, wait'll you see Office 97!

Quote:
> I installed my CW 2.0 upgrade as soon as it came out. I had been using
> 1.51. I love 2.0, and last week I finally got my last application
> moved over. I had a problem with a couple of files that had a field
> called 'New', which is now a reserved word. The file conversion ran
> perfectly and I tested the App. It worked perfectly too. So I took it
> to my clients site and installed it.

> Now an intermittent problem has appeared. Occasionally when a user
> opens a browse or file loaded drop combo, the browse will be empty
> even though there are hundreds of valid data items in the file. The
> only way for them to get the browse to populate is to close the
> application and restart it. The files involved are not any of the
> files modified for the keyword conflict.

> Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Tue, 02 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Check Boxes and Option Boxes vanish

2. Browse box and grouping data

3. Data entry using browse box.

4. Can I fill Browse box with queue data ?

5. Vanishing data

6. Browse box option boxes

7. After Conwerting some Data vanish

8. Vanishing data in an update form

9. refreshing browse box on form from parent browse

10. Browse Box Question

11. Row in browse box shows two times

12. filter on a browse with a combo box ??