Win 95 Hangs.
Author Message
 Win 95 Hangs.

Repost:-

We have an application that presently is running on Win95,Win98,NT and
Win2000. It is written in Clarion 4b using the old Clarion 2.10 DOS .DAT
data files.

Presently a couple of our customers are experiencing occasional system hangs
under Windows 95B. The whole PC locks up and has to be re-booted. This can
happen at various stages within the program - we even had it occur when
email has be received.

We have applied the Opportunistic file locking and disabled the write behind
cache changes recommended.

Is there a problem with Win95B and Clarion? Has anybody else experienced
similar system hangs.

Also we have noticed that Multi-line text boxes seem to handle carriage
returns differently under the NT and Win2000 environments. The Carriage
returns are in a different place in the data field dependent on the
environment. We have used the same text in each operating system to test
this. This has become a pain for us as our printing routines need to format
the data exactly on screen.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Please can anyone shed some light on the above problems.

Thank you for any help / advice.

Mark.

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Win 95 Hangs.
Mark:
Win 95 is just not the product that 98 is or Win2k. Your customers need to
upgrade, just the most sensible solution. I can't comment on the text boxes.

Mick

Quote:
> Repost:-

> We have an application that presently is running on Win95,Win98,NT and
> Win2000. It is written in Clarion 4b using the old Clarion 2.10 DOS .DAT
> data files.

> Presently a couple of our customers are experiencing occasional system
hangs
> under Windows 95B. The whole PC locks up and has to be re-booted. This can
> happen at various stages within the program - we even had it occur when
> email has be received.

> We have applied the Opportunistic file locking and disabled the write
behind
> cache changes recommended.

> Is there a problem with Win95B and Clarion? Has anybody else experienced
> similar system hangs.

> Also we have noticed that Multi-line text boxes seem to handle carriage
> returns differently under the NT and Win2000 environments. The Carriage
> returns are in a different place in the data field dependent on the
> environment. We have used the same text in each operating system to test
> this. This has become a pain for us as our printing routines need to
format
> the data exactly on screen.

> Has anybody else noticed this?

> Please can anyone shed some light on the above problems.

> Thank you for any help / advice.

> Mark.

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Win 95 Hangs.
I don't have any problems under win95, I would suggest they check the date of the win95 cab files
and then download the appropriate updates from http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/  The
most important upgrades for third party software are the Windows Library Update and the OLE 32
Update.  This will cure most common problems.

--
Andrew Finn
http://www.geocities.com/clarion_virtual_office/

Quote:
> Repost:-

> We have an application that presently is running on Win95,Win98,NT and
> Win2000. It is written in Clarion 4b using the old Clarion 2.10 DOS .DAT
> data files.

> Presently a couple of our customers are experiencing occasional system hangs
> under Windows 95B. The whole PC locks up and has to be re-booted. This can
> happen at various stages within the program - we even had it occur when
> email has be received.

> We have applied the Opportunistic file locking and disabled the write behind
> cache changes recommended.

> Is there a problem with Win95B and Clarion? Has anybody else experienced
> similar system hangs.

> Also we have noticed that Multi-line text boxes seem to handle carriage
> returns differently under the NT and Win2000 environments. The Carriage
> returns are in a different place in the data field dependent on the
> environment. We have used the same text in each operating system to test
> this. This has become a pain for us as our printing routines need to format
> the data exactly on screen.

> Has anybody else noticed this?

> Please can anyone shed some light on the above problems.

> Thank you for any help / advice.

> Mark.

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win 3.11 vs Win 95 (For Arnor)

2. Filter performance Win 98 v Win 95

3. Win 3.1x / Win 95 Conflict ?

4. Netzwork error 55 with Win 3.x or Win 95 and Exospace

5. XDS for Win NT and Win 95 now available

6. SmallEiffel -0.82 for DOS, Win NT, Win 95

7. Win '95 DDE calls in ObjectREXX for Windows 95/NT

8. REXX for Win 95 and Win NT

9. Need VHDL tools for Win NT/ Win 95

10. File locking in Win 95/Win NT

11. Clipper 5.3 installation on windows 95 hangs up !

12. Windows '95 TCL/TK 8.0p2 fileevent hanging