Anyone has tackled the problem of reading a file whose structure would
be defined at run-time as well as creating a QUEUE replica of it?

Comments much appreciated - Thanks

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic file and queue structures

Quote:
> Anyone has tackled the problem of reading a file whose structure would

> be defined at run-time as well as creating a QUEUE replica of it?

> Comments much appreciated - Thanks

This is not readily done with the current set of File Drivers.  I have
developed a Paradox File Driver that allows dynamic file creation.
Queues are handled differently, they cannot currently by created
dynamically, but for storing data from my Paradox File Driver I would
use a q of string references to store the record, then use the driver to
map the structure.

From: Sean Wilson               WebSite: http://www.GreyMatter.co.uk
Post: Grey Matter Ltd., Prigg Meadow, Ashburton, Devon, UK. TQ13 7DF
Tel: +44 (0)1364 654 100                    Fax: +44 (0)1364 654 200

Sat, 15 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dynamic file (queue) concept and algo.

2. How to build a dynamic file structure?

3. CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)

4. Queue inside a GROUP Structure

5. How Can I create a Queue based on a record structure

6. Queues in Class structure

7. Arrays, Stacks, Queues and other mind-boggling structures

8. Queue Structure Question (Different)

9. a problem with queue structures leads to a regexp question

10. declare queue dynamic

11. Dynamic Queue at Runtime?

12. Dynamic Queue Field Creation