ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
Author Message
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5

ThinkData, Inc. has released qbFUSE, a native COM (Component Object Model) automation interface to QuickBooks using Clarion 5.5.  It is our second offering in the FUSE product family and the first and only 3rd party Clarion product to integrate with QuickBooks using the QBFC (QuickBooks Foundation Classes) SDK.  Our product offers a vast number of advantages over traditional QuickBooks IIF integration previously offered by Intuit.

Product Information
-------------------
qbFUSE relies on the professional version of the Plugware COM classes, which usher in a new era of stability and performance when writing COM automation interfaces in Clarion. It has been designed to support QuickBooks Pro 2002, QuickBooks Premier 2002, and QuickBooks Premier: Accountant Edition 2002.

qbFUSE Product Features
- Native early and late binding COM automation
- Professional Version of the Plugware COM Classes
- Full access to over 400 interfaces provided by the QBFC SDK
- Full source code to examples included
- Ability to integrate QuickBooks using Clarion with the exact same functionality that can be achieved using Visual Basic or Visual C++
- Free technical support via our online forum at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Demo Applications
-----------------
We have included in our demo available for download, two example applications containing full source code. The demonstration applications can be downloaded directly from the link below or through our site at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Download Location (URL May Wrap): http://www.*-*-*.com/

qbfuse.exe
The first demonstration application, qbfuse.exe, contains Clarion versions of the QBFC SDK examples.  These are the same examples are provided in Visual Basic and Visual C++ with the QBFC SDK.
Features:
-  Adding customers to QuickBooks
-  Adding a bill to QuickBooks for a particular Vendor
-  Querying invoices in QuickBooks using a date range
-  Querying items and setting the number of items to return in a query
-  Adding a ReceivePayment transaction and deleting it if successful
-  Example of sending multiple requests to add customer, add invoice, and query invoice all in the same message set

qbfapp.exe
Our second demonstration application, qbfapp.exe, shows how to import/export data using qbFUSE, including an example integration qbFUSE and OutlookFUSE to convert Outlook contacts to QuickBooks customers.
Features:
-  Importing QuickBooks Accounts data into a Clarion TPS file
-  Importing QuickBooks Customers data into a Clarion TPS file
-  Importing QuickBooks Items data into a Clarion TPS file
-  Exporting Outlook Contacts from Microsoft Outlook to QuickBooks Customers using qbFUSE and OutlookFUSE
-  Importing Outlook Contacts from QuickBooks Customers using qbFUSE and OutlookFUSE

Purchase Information
--------------------
You can visit the qbFUSE Product Page and Buy Online using the link below (URL May Wrap)
http://www.*-*-*.com/

qbFUSE as well as our other products can be purchased using our online store located at http://www.*-*-*.com/ 's secure server.

For a cost of only $199.00 USD, you will be able to achieve superior functionality, performance and integration in your applications with qbFUSE.  We offer online shopping with immediate download and activation codes sent to your email.

qbFUSE is the second COM automation product we have released. We have many other FUSE products currently in development including: xmlFUSE, cdoFUSE and WinFaxFUSE.  At ThinkData, we strive to bring the most desirable products to the market and value any suggestions for future products you would like to see.  We encourage you to join our online forum at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Contact Information
ThinkData, Inc
2508 Pacific Ave. #1
Venice, CA 90291
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:20:56 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
Does this support the International Version/s i.e. will we be able to
use it in South Africa/ can they use it in teh UK?
Greetings
JVZ

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 17:20:56 -0800, "Steve Johnson"

> [...]

>examples are=20
>provided in Visual Basic and Visual C++ with the QBFC SDK.=20
><BR>Features:<BR>-&nbsp; Adding customers to QuickBooks<BR>-&nbsp; =
>Adding a bill=20
>to QuickBooks for a particular Vendor<BR>-&nbsp; Querying invoices in =
>QuickBooks=20
>using a date range<BR>-&nbsp; Querying items and setting the number of =
>items to=20
>return in a query<BR>-&nbsp; Adding a ReceivePayment transaction and =
>deleting it=20
>if successful<BR>-&nbsp; Example of sending multiple requests to add =
>customer,=20
>add invoice, and query invoice all in the same message set</DIV>
><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV>qbfapp.exe<BR>Our second demonstration application, qbfapp.exe, =
>shows how=20
>to import/export data using qbFUSE, including an example integration =
>qbFUSE and=20
>OutlookFUSE to convert Outlook contacts to QuickBooks=20
>customers.<BR>Features:<BR>-&nbsp; Importing QuickBooks Accounts data =
>into a=20
>Clarion TPS file<BR>-&nbsp; Importing QuickBooks Customers data into a =
>Clarion=20
>TPS file<BR>-&nbsp; Importing QuickBooks Items data into a Clarion TPS=20
>file<BR>-&nbsp; Exporting Outlook Contacts from Microsoft Outlook to =
>QuickBooks=20
>Customers using qbFUSE and OutlookFUSE<BR>-&nbsp; Importing Outlook =
>Contacts=20
>from QuickBooks Customers using qbFUSE and OutlookFUSE</DIV>
><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV>Purchase Information<BR>--------------------<BR>You can visit the =
>qbFUSE=20
>Product Page and Buy Online using the link below (URL May Wrap)<BR><A=20
>href=3D"http://www.thinkdata.com/store/asp/product.asp?recorprod=3D&p=
>roduct=3D98&amp;cat=3D&amp;ph=3D&amp;keywords=3D&amp;recor=3D&amp;SearchF=
>or=3D&amp;PT_ID">http://www.thinkdata.com/store/asp/product.asp?recorprod=
>=3D&amp;product=3D98&amp;cat=3D&amp;ph=3D&amp;keywords=3D&amp;recor=3D&am=
>p;SearchFor=3D&amp;PT_ID</A>=3D</DIV>
><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV>qbFUSE as well as our other products can be purchased using our =
>online=20
>store located at <A=20
>href=3D"http://www.thinkdata.com/store/">http://www.thinkdata.com/store/<=
>/A>. We=20
>accept Visa and MasterCard and all payments are processed securely via =
>SSL on=20
>Authorize.Net's secure server.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>For a cost of only $199.00 =
>USD, you=20
>will be able to achieve superior functionality, performance and =
>integration in=20
>your applications with qbFUSE.&nbsp; We offer online shopping with =
>immediate=20
>download and activation codes sent to your email.</DIV>

read more »

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:53:52 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
Hi Johan,

Quote:
> Does this support the International Version/s i.e. will we be able to
> use it in South Africa/ can they use it in teh UK?

I am trying to determine this. Looks like only the US version has a COM
interface which seems bizarre unless the different versions are coded by
different teams.

Regards

Andy
Plugware Solutions.com Ltd,  taking the puzzle out of I.T
Tel : +44 1249 813335
Fax : +44 1249 813462

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:49:59 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
Hi Andy,

Quote:
> I am trying to determine this. Looks like only the US version has a COM
> interface which seems bizarre unless the different versions are coded by
> different teams.

Could it be related to export regulations/limitations?

Enquiring minds...

--
Arie Rens (RADventure B.V.)
Maarssen, the Netherlands

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:48:29 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
Hi Arie,

Quote:
> Could it be related to export regulations/limitations?

> Enquiring minds...

For a COM interface? I wouldn't have thought so. This normally only applies
to things like encryption, like we're not capable of creating our own
encryption over 128bit<bg>

Regards

Andy
Plugware Solutions.com Ltd,  taking the puzzle out of I.T
Tel : +44 1249 813335
Fax : +44 1249 813462

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 00:06:07 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
Johan -

Please view Intuit's FAQ page at

http://developer.intuit.com/quickbooks/faq.asp

They make it clear that the QBFC interface and qbXML in general only works
in the US version.  This could change but I'm not sure when

Thanks

Steve

Quote:
> [...]

> >into a=20
> >Clarion TPS file<BR>-&nbsp; Importing QuickBooks Customers data into a =
> >Clarion=20
> >TPS file<BR>-&nbsp; Importing QuickBooks Items data into a Clarion TPS=20
> >file<BR>-&nbsp; Exporting Outlook Contacts from Microsoft Outlook to =
> >QuickBooks=20
> >Customers using qbFUSE and OutlookFUSE<BR>-&nbsp; Importing Outlook =
> >Contacts=20
> >from QuickBooks Customers using qbFUSE and OutlookFUSE</DIV>
> ><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> ><DIV>Purchase Information<BR>--------------------<BR>You can visit the =
> >qbFUSE=20
> >Product Page and Buy Online using the link below (URL May Wrap)<BR><A=20

>href=3D"http://www.thinkdata.com/store/asp/product.asp?recorprod=3D&p=

>roduct=3D98&amp;cat=3D&amp;ph=3D&amp;keywords=3D&amp;recor=3D&amp;SearchF=

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 01:36:01 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
This is how Philip Copeman of Pink Sofware (TurboCash) reacted after I
sent Steve's reply to him
"I guess the reason behind that is that in the US they regard
themselves as unassailable, but in the other markets it would lead to
a flood away from their products."
JVZ

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:36:01 -0800, "Steve Johnson"

Quote:

> [...]

>> >deleting it=20
>> >if successful<BR>-&nbsp; Example of sending multiple requests to add =
>> >customer,=20
>> >add invoice, and query invoice all in the same message set</DIV>
>> ><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
>> ><DIV>qbfapp.exe<BR>Our second demonstration application, qbfapp.exe, =
>> >shows how=20
>> >to import/export data using qbFUSE, including an example integration =
>> >qbFUSE and=20
>> >OutlookFUSE to convert Outlook contacts to QuickBooks=20
>> >customers.<BR>Features:<BR>-&nbsp; Importing QuickBooks Accounts data =
>> >into a=20
>> >Clarion TPS file<BR>-&nbsp; Importing QuickBooks Customers data into a =
>> >Clarion=20
>> >TPS file<BR>-&nbsp; Importing QuickBooks Items data into a Clarion TPS=20

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:18:57 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
Johan -

I'm really not sure why Intuit does not have a COM interface for the non-US
versions of the product.  I doubt that Philip's reason is the answer
though - history has shown a company making their product as open as
possible leads to wider adoption rather than people converting away from it.
I have found their newsgroups quite helpful and recommend possibly posting
your questions or comments up there and getting answers directly from Intuit
since I don't speak for them...  I am impressed with the power of the
QuickBooks QBFC COM interface and I hope that power has been demonstrated in
the demos for qbFUSE.

Regards

Steve Johnson
ThinkData Inc.
http://www.thinkdata.com

Quote:
> This is how Philip Copeman of Pink Sofware (TurboCash) reacted after I
> sent Steve's reply to him
> "I guess the reason behind that is that in the US they regard
> themselves as unassailable, but in the other markets it would lead to
> a flood away from their products."
> JVZ

> On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:36:01 -0800, "Steve Johnson"

> >Johan -

> >Please view Intuit's FAQ page at

> >http://developer.intuit.com/quickbooks/faq.asp

> >They make it clear that the QBFC interface and qbXML in general only
works
> >in the US version.  This could change but I'm not sure when

> >Thanks

> >Steve

> >> Does this support the International Version/s i.e. will we be able to
> >> use it in South Africa/ can they use it in teh UK?
> >> Greetings
> >> JVZ

> >> On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 17:20:56 -0800, "Steve Johnson"

=

> >=

>>http://www.thinkdata.com/aspwpadmin/stattrack/includes/dltrack.asp?Ti...
> >=

> >=
> >=

>>http://www.thinkdata.com/store/asp/product.asp?recorprod=3D&product=3...

> >=

Object
> >=
> >over=20

>>href=3D"http://www.thinkdata.com/forum/">http://www.thinkdata.com/forum/<=

>>href=3D"http://www.thinkdata.com/store/">http://www.thinkdata.com/store/<=

>>href=3D"http://www.thinkdata.com/aspwpadmin/stattrack/includes/dltrack.as=

>>p?Title=3DQBFDEMO&amp;File=3Dqbf.zip">http://www.thinkdata.com/aspwpadmin=

>>/stattrack/includes/dltrack.asp?Title=3DQBFDEMO&amp;File=3Dqbf.zip</A></D=

read more »

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:19:56 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
QuickBooks SDK 2.0 which will be released next week supports
QuickBooks 2003 US, Canadian and Online Edition versions.

Tony Purmal
Developer Support Engineer
Intuit Developer Network

Quote:

> Johan -

> I'm really not sure why Intuit does not have a COM interface for the non-US
> versions of the product.  I doubt that Philip's reason is the answer
> though - history has shown a company making their product as open as
> possible leads to wider adoption rather than people converting away from it.
> I have found their newsgroups quite helpful and recommend possibly posting
> your questions or comments up there and getting answers directly from Intuit
> since I don't speak for them...  I am impressed with the power of the
> QuickBooks QBFC COM interface and I hope that power has been demonstrated in
> the demos for qbFUSE.

> Regards

> Steve Johnson
> ThinkData Inc.
> http://www.thinkdata.com

> > This is how Philip Copeman of Pink Sofware (TurboCash) reacted after I
> > sent Steve's reply to him
> > "I guess the reason behind that is that in the US they regard
> > themselves as unassailable, but in the other markets it would lead to
> > a flood away from their products."
> > JVZ

> > On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:36:01 -0800, "Steve Johnson"

> > >Johan -

> > >Please view Intuit's FAQ page at

> > >http://developer.intuit.com/quickbooks/faq.asp

> > >They make it clear that the QBFC interface and qbXML in general only
>  works
> > >in the US version.  This could change but I'm not sure when

> > >Thanks

> > >Steve

>  our =
>  =
>  =

>  =
>  =
>  =

>  applications
>  =
>  =

> >>http://www.thinkdata.com/aspwpadmin/stattrack/includes/dltrack.asp?Ti...
> > >=

>  =

>  qbFUSE
>  =
>  and
>  =

>  http://www.thinkdata.com/store/asp/product.asp?recorprod=3D&product=3...

>  =
>  activation
>  =

>  =
>  =
>  =
>  =

>  Object
>  =
>  =
>  over=20
>  on =
>  =
>  access =

>  href=3D"http://www.thinkdata.com/forum/">http://www.thinkdata.com/forum/<=

read more »

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 02:34:01 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
Hi Tony -

We intend to support the QuickBooks QBFC SDK 2.0 as soon as it releases -
all current and future users of qbFUSE will receive this update for free.

Regards

Steve Johnson
ThinkData Inc.
http://www.thinkdata.com

Quote:
> QuickBooks SDK 2.0 which will be released next week supports
> QuickBooks 2003 US, Canadian and Online Edition versions.

> Tony Purmal
> Developer Support Engineer
> Intuit Developer Network

Quote:
> > Johan -

> > I'm really not sure why Intuit does not have a COM interface for the
non-US
> > versions of the product.  I doubt that Philip's reason is the answer
> > though - history has shown a company making their product as open as
> > possible leads to wider adoption rather than people converting away from
it.
> > I have found their newsgroups quite helpful and recommend possibly
posting
> > your questions or comments up there and getting answers directly from
Intuit
> > since I don't speak for them...  I am impressed with the power of the
> > QuickBooks QBFC COM interface and I hope that power has been
demonstrated in
> > the demos for qbFUSE.

> > Regards

> > Steve Johnson
> > ThinkData Inc.
> > http://www.thinkdata.com

> > > This is how Philip Copeman of Pink Sofware (TurboCash) reacted after I
> > > sent Steve's reply to him
> > > "I guess the reason behind that is that in the US they regard
> > > themselves as unassailable, but in the other markets it would lead to
> > > a flood away from their products."
> > > JVZ

> > > On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:36:01 -0800, "Steve Johnson"

> >  works

Object =
> >  our =
> >  =
> >  =

> >  =
COM
> >  =
Premier:
> >  =

C++=20

> >  applications
> >  =
> >  =

>>http://www.thinkdata.com/aspwpadmin/stattrack/includes/dltrack.asp?Ti...

> >  =

> >  qbFUSE
> >  =
> >  and
> >  =

http://www.thinkdata.com/store/asp/product.asp?recorprod=3D&product=3...

> >  =
> >  activation
> >  =

> >  =
xmlFUSE,
> >  =
> >  =
> >  =

> >  Object
> >  =
> >  =
> >  over=20
> >  on =
> >  =
Premier =

read more »

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 06:43:25 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
Will this then work for UK and South African Quickbook users?

Quote:

>QuickBooks SDK 2.0 which will be released next week supports
>QuickBooks 2003 US, Canadian and Online Edition versions.

>Tony Purmal
>Developer Support Engineer
>Intuit Developer Network

>> Johan -

>> I'm really not sure why Intuit does not have a COM interface for the non-US
>> versions of the product.  I doubt that Philip's reason is the answer
>> though - history has shown a company making their product as open as
>> possible leads to wider adoption rather than people converting away from it.
>> I have found their newsgroups quite helpful and recommend possibly posting
>> your questions or comments up there and getting answers directly from Intuit
>> since I don't speak for them...  I am impressed with the power of the
>> QuickBooks QBFC COM interface and I hope that power has been demonstrated in
>> the demos for qbFUSE.

>> Regards

>> Steve Johnson
>> ThinkData Inc.
>> http://www.thinkdata.com

>> > This is how Philip Copeman of Pink Sofware (TurboCash) reacted after I
>> > sent Steve's reply to him
>> > "I guess the reason behind that is that in the US they regard
>> > themselves as unassailable, but in the other markets it would lead to
>> > a flood away from their products."
>> > JVZ

>> > On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:36:01 -0800, "Steve Johnson"

>>  works

>>  our =
>>  =
>>  =

>>  =
>>  =
>>  =

>>  applications
>>  =
>>  =

>>  =

>>  qbFUSE
>>  =
>>  and
>>  =

>>  http://www.thinkdata.com/store/asp/product.asp?recorprod=3D&product=3...

>>  =
>>  activation
>>  =

>>  =
>>  =
>>  =
>>  =

>>  Object
>>  =
>>  =
>>  over=20
>>  on =
>>  =
>>  access =

read more »

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:30:29 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
Johan -

When we get the QuickBooks SDK 2.0 in our hands we will generate the
wrappers for it and then test with you if you are willing.  I think there is
a lot of foreign interest in qbFUSE and we would like to support those who
wish to use the non-US version.

Regards

Steve Johnson
ThinkData Inc.
http://www.thinkdata.com

Quote:
> Will this then work for UK and South African Quickbook users?

> >QuickBooks SDK 2.0 which will be released next week supports
> >QuickBooks 2003 US, Canadian and Online Edition versions.

> >Tony Purmal
> >Developer Support Engineer
> >Intuit Developer Network

Quote:
> >> Johan -

> >> I'm really not sure why Intuit does not have a COM interface for the
non-US
> >> versions of the product.  I doubt that Philip's reason is the answer
> >> though - history has shown a company making their product as open as
> >> possible leads to wider adoption rather than people converting away
from it.
> >> I have found their newsgroups quite helpful and recommend possibly
posting
> >> your questions or comments up there and getting answers directly from
Intuit
> >> since I don't speak for them...  I am impressed with the power of the
> >> QuickBooks QBFC COM interface and I hope that power has been
demonstrated in
> >> the demos for qbFUSE.

> >> Regards

> >> Steve Johnson
> >> ThinkData Inc.
> >> http://www.thinkdata.com

> >>  works

Object =
> >>  our =
> >>  =
> >>  =

> >>  =
> >>  =
Premier:
> >>  =

C++=20

> >>  applications
> >>  =
> >>  =

>>http://www.thinkdata.com/aspwpadmin/stattrack/includes/dltrack.asp?Ti...

> >>  =

> >>  qbFUSE
> >>  =
QuickBooks =
> >>  and
> >>  =

http://www.thinkdata.com/store/asp/product.asp?recorprod=3D&product=3...

> >>  =
> >>  activation
> >>  =

> >>  =
xmlFUSE,
> >>  =
> >>  =
> >>  =

> >>  Object
> >>  =
> >>  =
> >>  over=20

read more »

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:54:57 GMT
 ThinkData Announces the Release of qbFUSE - QuickBooks COM automation for Clarion 5.5
SDK 2.0 was released Tuesday 11/13/2002.  It is freely available for
download from http://developer.intuit.com .  Signing up for the
community developer level membership is free and gives you access to
the Knowledge Base and other SDK information.

Tony Purmal
Developer Support Engineer
Intuit Developer Network

Quote:

> Johan -

> When we get the QuickBooks SDK 2.0 in our hands we will generate the
> wrappers for it and then test with you if you are willing.  I think there is
> a lot of foreign interest in qbFUSE and we would like to support those who
> wish to use the non-US version.

> Regards

> Steve Johnson
> ThinkData Inc.
> http://www.thinkdata.com

> > Will this then work for UK and South African Quickbook users?

> > >QuickBooks SDK 2.0 which will be released next week supports
> > >QuickBooks 2003 US, Canadian and Online Edition versions.

> > >Tony Purmal
> > >Developer Support Engineer
> > >Intuit Developer Network

>  non-US
>  from it.
>  posting
>  Intuit
>  demonstrated in

>  works

>  Object =
>  is
>  our =
>  3rd
>  =
>  =
>  number
>  =
>  previously =

>  classes,
>  =
>  writing COM
>  =
>  =
>  Premier:
>  =

>  same =
>  C++=20

>  =
>  site at
>  =

>  http://www.thinkdata.com/aspwpadmin/stattrack/includes/dltrack.asp?Ti...

>  =
>  are =
>  query
>  successful
>  invoice,
>  =

>  customers.
>  QuickBooks =
>  qbFUSE

>  link =

>  http://www.thinkdata.com/store/asp/product.asp?recorprod=3D&product=3...

>  online
>  =
>  and =
>  superior =
>  with =

>  have
>  =
>  xmlFUSE,
>  =
>  most =
>  future
>  =
>  online =
>  questions
>  =

read more »

Sat, 07 May 2005 01:46:07 GMT

1. ThinkData Product Announcement - OutlookFUSE COM Automation for Microsoft Outlook

2. Ole Automation Client for QuickBooks

3. Free XML Wrapper available at ThinkData (requires the free COM Classes)

4. Thinkdata COM msxml wrapper problem

5. ANN: xmlFUSE 1.1 from ThinkData Released - New Demo available includes sample RSS reader

6. COM OLE Automation DATE type

7. use IE4.0 Automation from COM connect

8. COM Automation

9. use IE4.0 Automation from COM connect

10. COM Automation and VAST

11. Using COM automation to provide data to LabVIEW