CW5 & Long Filenames
Author Message
 CW5 & Long Filenames

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting the DIRECTORY command
to return long filenames, I have defined the QUEUE below :-

FileQueue     QUEUE,PRE(fil)
Name            STRING(FILE:MAXFILENAME)
ShortName       STRING(13)
Date            LONG
Time            LONG
Size            LONG
Attrib          BYTE
             END

I then use the following commands to get the filenames from a directory.
However when i display the variable fil:Name it displays 8 character
filenames

Attachments = CLIP(AttachmentDirectory) & 'att*.txt')
DIRECTORY(FileQueue,Attachments,0)

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Rob

Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CW5 & Long Filenames
Hi Rs(UK)

16-bit or 32-bit app? If it is 16-bit, no long names are retrieved, no
matter your queue has a field for them. At least, I think so. Check your
manuals for DIRECTORY() function.

Greetings

Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CW5 & Long Filenames
I was upon to ask the same thing than Zoran : Did you compile in 32 bits ?

It works perfectly for me....

TTS

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I'm having trouble getting the DIRECTORY command
> to return long filenames, I have defined the QUEUE below :-

> FileQueue     QUEUE,PRE(fil)
> Name            STRING(FILE:MAXFILENAME)
> ShortName       STRING(13)
> Date            LONG
> Time            LONG
> Size            LONG
> Attrib          BYTE
>              END

> I then use the following commands to get the filenames from a directory.
> However when i display the variable fil:Name it displays 8 character
> filenames

> Attachments = CLIP(AttachmentDirectory) & 'att*.txt')
> DIRECTORY(FileQueue,Attachments,0)

> Any help would be much appreciated

> Regards

> Rob

Sat, 27 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Long Filenames okay for physical filenames???

2. DOS 8.3 filenames (how to remove long filenames header)

3. Library os.path.isfile(filename) - long filenames error.

4. FAT & Long filenames

5. FAT & Long filenames

6. Assertion failed variable filename CW5 (ABC)

7. long-to-short dir/filenames

8. Osx long filenames truncated

9. VW2.0 under Win 95 + long filenames?

10. Long Filenames

11. Spaces in Directory Names - Long Filenames

12. Long Filenames in Clarion