cdd 3 lockup on program exit
Author Message
 cdd 3 lockup on program exit

Hi ...

I have been using 2.1 & a few of the 3 series for dos . Currently using
3.102 and dos extender.

haven't been able to use cdd3 since I went past a 300mhz pc as I get a
floating point error . The dos extender fixes this prob up to a certain
point , but when I run a program , the pc will lock up when I exit.

Even if I just make a prog & then run it from inside cdd , it will do
the same thing .

Clarion 2.1 works fine even on the faster pc's

I am running an amd 350 & 400 , 64 ram ,etc.

cdd3 I have found works perfectly if the pc is under 300 mhz.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Jonno

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 cdd 3 lockup on program exit

I had a similar problem , but as before no one has been able to tell
me what the problem is (except that I needed the dos extender which
didn't make any difference)

I haven't been on the clarion NG's for a while , but they look like they
are just about dead !!! - There used to be alot more NG's around , but I
guess that Clarion is losing more of it's market than I had prev.
thought .

Clarion seems to want to self destruct from lack of support from Top
Speed and the various resellers (international...Australia in
particular)...Then they wonder why people are turning to other systems
like Visual Fox Pro 6 and even Visual Basic....at least you can get a
decent amount of help from Microsoft if you try hard enough.

Am I anti Clarion ??? Not at all...I just see Clarion shooting itself in
 the foot again.

Quote:

> Hi ...

> I have been using 2.1 & a few of the 3 series for dos . Currently
using
> 3.102 and dos extender.

> haven't been able to use cdd3 since I went past a 300mhz pc as I get a
> floating point error . The dos extender fixes this prob up to a
certain
> point , but when I run a program , the pc will lock up when I exit.

> Even if I just make a prog & then run it from inside cdd , it will do
> the same thing .

> Clarion 2.1 works fine even on the faster pc's

> I am running an amd 350 & 400 , 64 ram ,etc.

> cdd3 I have found works perfectly if the pc is under 300 mhz.

> Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

> Thanks

> Jonno

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 cdd 3 lockup on program exit
Check the DOCS that came with 3.102 for information
on an environment variable called "CLARUNFLUSH"
that can be set.

HTH

--
Lee Hydechuk
Custom Apps, Inc

www.customapps.com
"Making progress like a frog walking"

Quote:

> I had a similar problem , but as before no one has been able to tell
> me what the problem is (except that I needed the dos extender which
> didn't make any difference)

> I haven't been on the clarion NG's for a while , but they look like they
> are just about dead !!! - There used to be alot more NG's around , but I
> guess that Clarion is losing more of it's market than I had prev.
> thought .

> Clarion seems to want to self destruct from lack of support from Top
> Speed and the various resellers (international...Australia in
> particular)...Then they wonder why people are turning to other systems
> like Visual Fox Pro 6 and even Visual Basic....at least you can get a
> decent amount of help from Microsoft if you try hard enough.

> Am I anti Clarion ??? Not at all...I just see Clarion shooting itself in
>  the foot again.

> > Hi ...

> > I have been using 2.1 & a few of the 3 series for dos . Currently
> using
> > 3.102 and dos extender.

> > haven't been able to use cdd3 since I went past a 300mhz pc as I get a
> > floating point error . The dos extender fixes this prob up to a
> certain
> > point , but when I run a program , the pc will lock up when I exit.

> > Even if I just make a prog & then run it from inside cdd , it will do
> > the same thing .

> > Clarion 2.1 works fine even on the faster pc's

> > I am running an amd 350 & 400 , 64 ram ,etc.

> > cdd3 I have found works perfectly if the pc is under 300 mhz.

> > Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

> > Thanks

> > Jonno

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Thu, 13 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. want to tie the exit by windows, to the exit button in program

2. Quit LabVIEW (Exit) stops program but doesn't exit

3. Program lockup on AST 133

4. CDD 3.1 Programming Question

5. Program Lockups with Network

6. code to exit on Exit ?

7. sys.exit() doesn't exit

8. how to exit from exit-onexit

9. exiting eval'ed script without exiting app

10. Why sys.exit does not exit ?

11. Exit tk application on Close Window (Exit on infinite loop)

12. expect doesn't exit exiting processes, help me