Clarion 5.5 ee & Internet
Author Message
 Clarion 5.5 ee & Internet

We are working on automotive software aroun Turkey and Northern Cyprus and
we are using Clarion 5 EE, Pervasive SQL 2000 (Btrieve) database. We  have
over 200 tables in our DCT. Also these table has many relations and keys.
Approx. 20 files has over 300,000 records that is , our application is
running slowly rather than other application.

Now we want to move our software to internet. About 300 users maybe use same
time this application and do same thing at the moment , during the work time
aroun the Turkey.

The Questions are :

1- Can Clarion application Broker meet our requirements that is Clarion is
the right choise for internet applications ?
2- Did you meet before such as big application as mine, if yes, what is the
configuration must be web server, connection properties and client
computers?
3- For example, if all the users enter invoice records same time; how muct
does it take to process all requests? Does application server capture all
request quickly and queue them, so client side has no affected about these
process or all of the users and process in the queue and they will wait
theis turn to process their records?
Which database driver is the best for this application (SQL Server, Oracle,
Pervasive SQL, Bitrieve, or others) ?
4- Do you know that , is application broker has limit ?
5- Must we pay extra money for licensing 300 users for Clarion or
Application broker?

Any reply is appriecated.

Ali Bulut
Project Manager

Renbil Bilgisayar Hiz. Ltd. Sti.

Address: Bahcelere Giden 1. Yol
Burcak Ap. NO:14/1

81110- Bostanci/Istanbul
TURKEY

Phone : +90 216 410 5484
Fax : +90 216 410 54 86

WEB : http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:04:23 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 ee & Internet
You will want at least 2, probably more, servers to handle
the load.

Consider breaking the app into more managable pieces.

For the D/E portions, consider Clarionet.

--

Steve Parker

Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0

Quote:
> We are working on automotive software aroun Turkey and Northern Cyprus and
> we are using Clarion 5 EE, Pervasive SQL 2000 (Btrieve) database. We  have
> over 200 tables in our DCT. Also these table has many relations and keys.
> Approx. 20 files has over 300,000 records that is , our application is
> running slowly rather than other application.

> Now we want to move our software to internet. About 300 users maybe use
same
> time this application and do same thing at the moment , during the work
time
> aroun the Turkey.

> The Questions are :

> 1- Can Clarion application Broker meet our requirements that is Clarion is
> the right choise for internet applications ?
> 2- Did you meet before such as big application as mine, if yes, what is
the
> configuration must be web server, connection properties and client
> computers?
> 3- For example, if all the users enter invoice records same time; how muct
> does it take to process all requests? Does application server capture all
> request quickly and queue them, so client side has no affected about these
> process or all of the users and process in the queue and they will wait
> theis turn to process their records?
> Which database driver is the best for this application (SQL Server,
Oracle,
> Pervasive SQL, Bitrieve, or others) ?
> 4- Do you know that , is application broker has limit ?
> 5- Must we pay extra money for licensing 300 users for Clarion or
> Application broker?

> Any reply is appriecated.

> Ali Bulut
> Project Manager

> Renbil Bilgisayar Hiz. Ltd. Sti.

> Address: Bahcelere Giden 1. Yol
> Burcak Ap. NO:14/1

> 81110- Bostanci/Istanbul
> TURKEY

> Phone : +90 216 410 5484
> Fax : +90 216 410 54 86

> WEB : http://www.renbil.com

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:20:06 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 ee & Internet
Or....
wait for ASP templates.

Regards,
Krzysztof Sekowski

Quote:
> You will want at least 2, probably more, servers to handle
> the load.

> Consider breaking the app into more managable pieces.

> For the D/E portions, consider Clarionet.

> --

> Steve Parker

> Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
> Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0

> > We are working on automotive software aroun Turkey and Northern Cyprus
and
> > we are using Clarion 5 EE, Pervasive SQL 2000 (Btrieve) database. We
have
> > over 200 tables in our DCT. Also these table has many relations and
keys.
> > Approx. 20 files has over 300,000 records that is , our application is
> > running slowly rather than other application.

> > Now we want to move our software to internet. About 300 users maybe use
> same
> > time this application and do same thing at the moment , during the work
> time
> > aroun the Turkey.

> > The Questions are :

> > 1- Can Clarion application Broker meet our requirements that is Clarion
is
> > the right choise for internet applications ?
> > 2- Did you meet before such as big application as mine, if yes, what is
> the
> > configuration must be web server, connection properties and client
> > computers?
> > 3- For example, if all the users enter invoice records same time; how
muct
> > does it take to process all requests? Does application server capture
all
> > request quickly and queue them, so client side has no affected about
these
> > process or all of the users and process in the queue and they will wait
> > theis turn to process their records?
> > Which database driver is the best for this application (SQL Server,
> Oracle,
> > Pervasive SQL, Bitrieve, or others) ?
> > 4- Do you know that , is application broker has limit ?
> > 5- Must we pay extra money for licensing 300 users for Clarion or
> > Application broker?

> > Any reply is appriecated.

> > Ali Bulut
> > Project Manager

> > Renbil Bilgisayar Hiz. Ltd. Sti.

> > Address: Bahcelere Giden 1. Yol
> > Burcak Ap. NO:14/1

> > 81110- Bostanci/Istanbul
> > TURKEY

> > Phone : +90 216 410 5484
> > Fax : +90 216 410 54 86

> > WEB : http://www.renbil.com

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:41:31 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 ee & Internet
Don't hold your breath on the ASP templates.  10 bucks says that the ADO
templates will be a required first.  I don't see how they could make them
work (without requiring proprietary addons) without ADO.  The ADO templates
are not even available to the public yet.  So I would say ASP is sometime
after that.

Tim

Quote:
> Or....
> wait for ASP templates.

> Regards,
> Krzysztof Sekowski

> > You will want at least 2, probably more, servers to handle
> > the load.

> > Consider breaking the app into more managable pieces.

> > For the D/E portions, consider Clarionet.

> > --

> > Steve Parker

> > Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
> > Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0

> > > We are working on automotive software aroun Turkey and Northern Cyprus
> and
> > > we are using Clarion 5 EE, Pervasive SQL 2000 (Btrieve) database. We
> have
> > > over 200 tables in our DCT. Also these table has many relations and
> keys.
> > > Approx. 20 files has over 300,000 records that is , our application is
> > > running slowly rather than other application.

> > > Now we want to move our software to internet. About 300 users maybe
use
> > same
> > > time this application and do same thing at the moment , during the
work
> > time
> > > aroun the Turkey.

> > > The Questions are :

> > > 1- Can Clarion application Broker meet our requirements that is
Clarion
> is
> > > the right choise for internet applications ?
> > > 2- Did you meet before such as big application as mine, if yes, what
is
> > the
> > > configuration must be web server, connection properties and client
> > > computers?
> > > 3- For example, if all the users enter invoice records same time; how
> muct
> > > does it take to process all requests? Does application server capture
> all
> > > request quickly and queue them, so client side has no affected about
> these
> > > process or all of the users and process in the queue and they will
wait
> > > theis turn to process their records?
> > > Which database driver is the best for this application (SQL Server,
> > Oracle,
> > > Pervasive SQL, Bitrieve, or others) ?
> > > 4- Do you know that , is application broker has limit ?
> > > 5- Must we pay extra money for licensing 300 users for Clarion or
> > > Application broker?

> > > Any reply is appriecated.

> > > Ali Bulut
> > > Project Manager

> > > Renbil Bilgisayar Hiz. Ltd. Sti.

> > > Address: Bahcelere Giden 1. Yol
> > > Burcak Ap. NO:14/1

> > > 81110- Bostanci/Istanbul
> > > TURKEY

> > > Phone : +90 216 410 5484
> > > Fax : +90 216 410 54 86

> > > WEB : http://www.renbil.com

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:23:40 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 ee & Internet
Tim,
You could not be more wrong.  The ASP templates are are being readied for
beta testing,  the Clarion ADO classes (not to mention templates) are not
yet complete for testing.  They are completely different beasties, the ASP
templates do employ ADO code but natively in VBScript as is appropriate for
the target system.  No use of Clarion native code is necessary.

--
bob brooker
SoftVelocity

> Don't hold your breath on the ASP templates.  10 bucks says that the ADO
> templates will be a required first.  I don't see how they could make them
> work (without requiring proprietary addons) without ADO.  The ADO
templates
> are not even available to the public yet.  So I would say ASP is sometime
> after that.

> Tim

> > Or....
> > wait for ASP templates.

> > Regards,
> > Krzysztof Sekowski

> > > You will want at least 2, probably more, servers to handle
> > > the load.

> > > Consider breaking the app into more managable pieces.

> > > For the D/E portions, consider Clarionet.

> > > --

> > > Steve Parker

> > > Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
> > > Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0

Cyprus
> > and
> > have
> > keys.

> use
> > > same
> work
> > > time

> Clarion
> > is
> is
> > > the
> > muct
> > all
> > these
> wait
> > > Oracle,

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:40:09 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 ee & Internet
I stand corrected.  That makes sense.  I just couldn't figure out how you
where going to pull the ADO off without having ADO support.  Any idea of
when the ASP templates will be ready?

Tim

Quote:
> Tim,
> You could not be more wrong.  The ASP templates are are being readied for
> beta testing,  the Clarion ADO classes (not to mention templates) are not
> yet complete for testing.  They are completely different beasties, the ASP
> templates do employ ADO code but natively in VBScript as is appropriate
for
> the target system.  No use of Clarion native code is necessary.

> --
> bob brooker
> SoftVelocity
> "the fastest way to build database applications"
> 877-733-4555 - Sales
> 877-733-4556 - Customer Service
> http://www.SoftVelocity.com
> --

> > Don't hold your breath on the ASP templates.  10 bucks says that the ADO
> > templates will be a required first.  I don't see how they could make
them
> > work (without requiring proprietary addons) without ADO.  The ADO
> templates
> > are not even available to the public yet.  So I would say ASP is
sometime
> > after that.

> > Tim

> > > Or....
> > > wait for ASP templates.

> > > Regards,
> > > Krzysztof Sekowski

> Cyprus
> > > and
We
> > > have
> > > keys.
> is

> > use
> > work

> > Clarion
> > > is
> > is
> how
> > > muct
> capture
> > > all
> > > these
> > wait
Server,

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 02:09:58 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 ee & Internet
Tim,
We are pouring over the templates now to see if the current "state" will
make sense to a non-ASP developer.  Document and help files need to be
completed.  We should have some type of non-employee testing within weeks.

--
bob brooker
SoftVelocity
"the fastest way to build database applications"
877-733-4555 - Sales
877-733-4556 - Customer Service
http://www.SoftVelocity.com

> I stand corrected.  That makes sense.  I just couldn't figure out how you
> where going to pull the ADO off without having ADO support.  Any idea of
> when the ASP templates will be ready?

> Tim

> > Tim,
> > You could not be more wrong.  The ASP templates are are being readied
for
> > beta testing,  the Clarion ADO classes (not to mention templates) are
not
> > yet complete for testing.  They are completely different beasties, the
ASP
> > templates do employ ADO code but natively in VBScript as is appropriate
> for
> > the target system.  No use of Clarion native code is necessary.

> > --
> > bob brooker
> > SoftVelocity
> > "the fastest way to build database applications"
> > 877-733-4555 - Sales
> > 877-733-4556 - Customer Service
> > http://www.SoftVelocity.com
> > --

> > > Don't hold your breath on the ASP templates.  10 bucks says that the
ADO
> > > templates will be a required first.  I don't see how they could make
> them
> > > work (without requiring proprietary addons) without ADO.  The ADO
> > templates
> > > are not even available to the public yet.  So I would say ASP is
> sometime
> > > after that.

> > > Tim

> > Cyprus
database.
> We
> and
> application
> > is

> maybe
> > > use
> > > work

> > > Clarion
> what
> > > is
> > how
> > capture
> about
> > > wait
> Server,

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 02:21:12 GMT

1. Clarion 5.5 EE using the Clarion Templates - No Take New Selection Embed

2. Error Clarion 5.5 ee and ODBC

3. Clarion 5.5 EE RC2

4. MySQL and Clarion 5.5 EE

5. E-Mail in Clarion 5.5 ee

6. Need Serial Number for Clarion 5.5 EE

7. Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP

8. Clarion 5.5 EE does not start in ME

9. Clarion 5.5 Beta 1 - Internet Connect