how to really clear the template registry
Author Message
 how to really clear the template registry

I have a problem compling a data dll which I mad a year ago. I keep getting
a compile error which tells me a source file is not found. This file appears
to be part of a langaard template 0-hazzel which I don't use. I tried
unregistering the template but it continued to try to compile this code as
well as include files from other templates which are not being used in the
app .This app is empty. it only has a dictionary and some imbeded source for
equates.
How do I completely remove stuff frm my template  registry.?
Thanks
David

Sun, 22 May 2005 18:27:42 GMT
 how to really clear the template registry
Delete the REGISTRY.TRF located in C:\C55\TEMPLATE

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Quote:
> I have a problem compling a data dll which I mad a year ago. I keep
getting
> a compile error which tells me a source file is not found. This file
appears
> to be part of a langaard template 0-hazzel which I don't use. I tried
> unregistering the template but it continued to try to compile this code as
> well as include files from other templates which are not being used in the
> app .This app is empty. it only has a dictionary and some imbeded source
for
> equates.
> How do I completely remove stuff frm my template  registry.?
> Thanks
> David

Sun, 22 May 2005 18:40:28 GMT
 how to really clear the template registry
David

The files are probably Classes, not the template stuff. i.e .INC and .CLW
files in your \c55\libsrc folder.

If you can locate the INC file(s) remove those, then force a refresh on your
ABC library the next time you run Clarion before compiling.

--
Regards,

Trevor{*filter*}s
Data Design Services Ltd

Web: www.ddssoftware.co.uk

Tel: +44 (0)23 8024 0470
Fax: +44 (0)23 8025 2573

Supplier of Printers MIS software written in Clarion.

Quote:
> I have a problem compling a data dll which I mad a year ago. I keep
getting
> a compile error which tells me a source file is not found. This file
appears
> to be part of a langaard template 0-hazzel which I don't use. I tried
> unregistering the template but it continued to try to compile this code as
> well as include files from other templates which are not being used in the
> app .This app is empty. it only has a dictionary and some imbeded source
for
> equates.
> How do I completely remove stuff frm my template  registry.?
> Thanks
> David

Sun, 22 May 2005 20:33:22 GMT
 how to really clear the template registry
Hi David,

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 05:27:42 -0500, "David Silver"

Quote:

>How do I completely remove stuff frm my template  registry.?

Brute force!  Close Clarion.  Go to the \template directory and delete
registry.trf.  Start Clarion again and register the templates you
want.

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

Mon, 23 May 2005 04:14:35 GMT
 how to really clear the template registry
Thanks,
Thats why this group is great. knock my head against the wall for 4 hours,
ask the group, go to work and 8 hours later have the answer. Refresshing the
classes solved the problem after I figured out which template was the
problem.
Thanks again

Quote:
> David

> The files are probably Classes, not the template stuff. i.e .INC and .CLW
> files in your \c55\libsrc folder.

> If you can locate the INC file(s) remove those, then force a refresh on
your
> ABC library the next time you run Clarion before compiling.

> --
> Regards,

> Trevor{*filter*}s
> Data Design Services Ltd

> Web: www.ddssoftware.co.uk

> Tel: +44 (0)23 8024 0470
> Fax: +44 (0)23 8025 2573

> Supplier of Printers MIS software written in Clarion.

> > I have a problem compling a data dll which I mad a year ago. I keep
> getting
> > a compile error which tells me a source file is not found. This file
> appears
> > to be part of a langaard template 0-hazzel which I don't use. I tried
> > unregistering the template but it continued to try to compile this code
as
> > well as include files from other templates which are not being used in
the
> > app .This app is empty. it only has a dictionary and some imbeded source
> for
> > equates.
> > How do I completely remove stuff frm my template  registry.?
> > Thanks
> > David

Mon, 23 May 2005 05:15:08 GMT
 how to really clear the template registry

Quote:
> Brute force!  Close Clarion.  Go to the \template directory and delete
> registry.trf.  Start Clarion again and register the templates you  want.

Now Arnor ...

You know that "Brute Force" means FDISK/FORMAT <G>

Charles

Mon, 23 May 2005 13:57:05 GMT
 how to really clear the template registry
Hi Charles,

Quote:
>You know that "Brute Force" means FDISK/FORMAT <G>

I tried that.  Wouldn't compile!<g>

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

Mon, 23 May 2005 23:34:43 GMT
 how to really clear the template registry

Quote:
> I tried that.  Wouldn't compile!<g>

<G>

Tue, 24 May 2005 01:30:53 GMT

1. Template Registry - 'Utilities' categories

2. Templates Registry changed message

3. HELP Template Registry

4. CW 2.003 Template Registry

5. Template registry

6. C5PE: Error editing Template Registry

7. Template registry - ultratree errors

8. C4b - Template Registry Problems.

9. Finding Template Registry

10. template registry GPF's

11. Changing default's in template registry

12. IDE Problem - Template Registry