Report-Detail Band
Author Message
 Report-Detail Band

Quote:
>Open your report in the report formatter. Go to View|Page Layout and stretch
>the detail area to the desired width and height.

I tried that.  It won't stretch.  Every other band will stretch, but the detail
band will not stretch.  Is this a glitch?

Deb

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Report-Detail Band
In "Page Layout" you should be able to resize the detail area. The detail
are is the area of the page used by all detail bands and group footers &
headers.

The only thing that I can think of is that you started with a portrait
report definition and changed the layout to landscape before resizing the
detail "area" so it's actually stretched below the page height. This might
cause a problem in trying to resize. You may need to reset the layout to
portrait, go to "Page Layout" view and shrink the height of the detail area,
then reset to landscape and resize the detail area again!

Other than that I can't think of any reason you shouldn't be able to resize
the detail area... remember, the detail area must be resized before you can
resize the detail band... two different critters!<g>

--
Lee White
Team TopSpeed

etc2000 !  Interested in attending?  http://216.82.30.86/etc2000.html
Latest stats: http://216.82.30.86/latest_etc2000_poll_statistics.html

Quote:

> I tried that.  It won't stretch.  Every other band will stretch, but the
detail
> band will not stretch.  Is this a glitch?

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Blank lines in Report (Detail Band)

2. Report - Detail Band

3. Report detail band

4. Height of report detail band

5. Detail band vs Form band

6. Report with 2 Detail bands

7. Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands

8. multiple detail band in report writer

9. Reporting - Lost Headers and Detail bands

10. Enabling detail band of report

11. Multiple detail bands in report question

12. Report Writer 2: Problem with Multiple Detail Bands