Clarion vs. Business Basic
Author Message
 Clarion vs. Business Basic

Has anyone had experience in switching from any of the various Business
Basic languages (BBx, ProvideX, SMC etc.) and can tell if there was much of
a speed difference and whether or not is was worth the change (with some
elaboration if possible) ?

Our company, which develops financial software, is looking at branching
into either Delphi, Visual Basic, Power Builder or Clarion (we currently
use
Providex on NT and UNIX servers, and 95/NT clients) as a possible
front-end. We're concerned about a speed hit as Business Basic is lightning
fast, but requires more man hours in support and development, and its GUI
components/tools are poor. Our application can tolerate a little sacrifice
of performance but there is a limit.

I noticed that Clarion is developed only for Windows and I'd be interested
to know what is involved in designing it to work with UNIX servers, if it
is possible at all.

newsgroup on a regular basis. Thanks in advance.

--
David Cheyne
Director, Software Development

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion vs. Business Basic

On 1 Oct 1997 13:19:54 GMT, "David Cheyne"

Quote:

>I noticed that Clarion is developed only for Windows and I'd be interested
>to know what is involved in designing it to work with UNIX servers, if it
>is possible at all.

All(?) the tools you mentioned are designed for Windows.  if you want
to front end a windows application to UNIX you might have some luck
with a product called SAMBA.  Have a look at their web site for more
information.  You can find it by searchig for 'samba'

Cheers,

Geoff B

ComForMark
Computer services For Marketing
Sydney,  Australia

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion vs. Business Basic

A good place to start is http://samba.anu.edu.au/samba/

Quote:

>On 1 Oct 1997 13:19:54 GMT, "David Cheyne"

>>I noticed that Clarion is developed only for Windows and I'd be interested
>>to know what is involved in designing it to work with UNIX servers, if it
>>is possible at all.

>All(?) the tools you mentioned are designed for Windows.  if you want
>to front end a windows application to UNIX you might have some luck
>with a product called SAMBA.  Have a look at their web site for more
>information.  You can find it by searchig for 'samba'

>Cheers,

>Geoff B

>ComForMark
>Computer services For Marketing
>Sydney,  Australia

ComForMark
Computer services For Marketing
Sydney,  Australia

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. UNIBASIC, PIC BASIC or Business Basic

2. Clarion vs Visual Basic

3. Clarion vs. Visual Basic

4. Visual Basic vs Clarion

5. Power Basic CC vs Power Basic for DOS

6. BASIC VS. TURBO-BASIC

7. Visual Basic VS. REALBasic (MS VS. MAC)

8. C++ vs VisualAge for SmallTalk vs Visual Basic

9. Need help in Business Basic and Gentran

10. Need help in Business Basic and Gentran

11. Business Basic Mailing List?

12. Wanted: Business BASIC to C converter or BIBASIC for UNIX