File Open, or not Open, question
Author Message
 File Open, or not Open, question

Clarion 5a, ABC templates. I have some procedures that report "file not
open" until I add an "open(FileName)." Just before this is a line that
reads:   Relate:FileName.Open
              FilesOpened = True
I would assume the file would be opened with the "Relate" command. What is
wrong, or, more likely, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 File Open, or not Open, question
Try

Access:filename.open()
Access:filename.usefile()

Ian

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:16:59 -0700, "Bob Robesky"

Quote:

>Clarion 5a, ABC templates. I have some procedures that report "file not
>open" until I add an "open(FileName)." Just before this is a line that
>reads:   Relate:FileName.Open
>              FilesOpened = True
>I would assume the file would be opened with the "Relate" command. What is
>wrong, or, more likely, what am I doing wrong?

>Thanks in advance.

>Bob

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. error 37 File not open using a variable file name

2. OPEN(VIEW) without OPEN(FILE)

3. Opening a file already open

4. opening existing files with OPEN()

5. opening a file opens it in Notepad

6. opening 'file open' dialog from console

7. multiple use of with-open-file, or with-open-stream

8. opening file vs. opening pipeline on NT.

9. Opening file vs. opening pipeline on NT.

10. File not open error

11. File not open errors

12. Intellimouse Returns 'File Not Open'