Win 95 / NT requester problem
Author Message
 Win 95 / NT requester problem

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Hi All,

Just before I left for Devcon, and at Devcon, I spoke to some folk
about a known problem with Win 95 and NT working on the same network
- apparently the Win 95 requester is bad.

If anyone has specific information on this problem - including the
details of the required fix - then please let me know !

Cheers
Bruce
File Manager 2 = Automatic upgrading + C-Scan
SecWin = Easy to use program security & copy protection
ezHelp = Win 95 style popup help
WinEvent = RS 232 Comms + Taskbar + Message trapping
NEW !! MultiPrj = Compile Multiple versions of 1 app

Fri, 07 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Win 95 / NT requester problem

Just download the new requestor patch from MS.  I believe this is in SP3,
but it *must* be installed manually.

Symptoms have been loss of data, corrupted records, duplicate records, and
even a few problems with Clarion files too! <bg>

Installing this patch (takes about 5 seconds) relieves these symptoms.  I
have heard rumors that this patch may be on IceTips too.

HTH,

--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Coorporation

[Using MS Outlook]

Quote:
>Hi Windows NT users:

>I have this same problem, I think:

> Just before I left for Devcon, and at Devcon, I spoke to some folk
> about a known problem with Win 95 and NT working on the same network
> - apparently the Win 95 requester is bad.>>

>I would appreciate info on this too.  If you work with NT, please advise.

>Eric

Fri, 07 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Win 95 / NT requester problem

Hi Windows NT users:

I have this same problem, I think:

 Just before I left for Devcon, and at Devcon, I spoke to some folk
 about a known problem with Win 95 and NT working on the same network
 - apparently the Win 95 requester is bad.>>

I would appreciate info on this too.  If you work with NT, please advise.

Eric

Fri, 07 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Win 95 / NT requester problem

Hello -

There was a posting about this not too long ago that referenced a URL that
had a nice explanation of the problem and the fix.  Go to
http://www.acsl.com/DATISpb4.htm for the info.

Good Luck,
Michael

Quote:
>Hi Windows NT users:

>I have this same problem, I think:

> Just before I left for Devcon, and at Devcon, I spoke to some folk
> about a known problem with Win 95 and NT working on the same network
> - apparently the Win 95 requester is bad.>>

>I would appreciate info on this too.  If you work with NT, please advise.

>Eric

Sat, 08 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Win 95 / NT requester problem

Quote:

>                       - - - - - - - - - -
>Hi All,

>Just before I left for Devcon, and at Devcon, I spoke to some folk
>about a known problem with Win 95 and NT working on the same network
>- apparently the Win 95 requester is bad.

>If anyone has specific information on this problem - including the
>details of the required fix - then please let me know !

I have posted a file on icetips incoming which I recieved from Sue Bostic
at Topspeed talking about this problem.  It is called crupttps.zip.

John Van Der Leden                Asset Forestry Limited
Phone: 64-9-415 4237              Fax: 64-9-415 4236

Sun, 09 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. One solution to File Sharing problems on Win 95/NT networks

2. XDS for Win NT and Win 95 now available

3. SmallEiffel -0.82 for DOS, Win NT, Win 95

4. REXX for Win 95 and Win NT

5. Need VHDL tools for Win NT/ Win 95

6. File locking in Win 95/Win NT

7. Refresh performance problems on Win NT / 95

8. Win '95 DDE calls in ObjectREXX for Windows 95/NT

9. APL2 on Win'95/NT

10. 95, 98 & Win NT

11. 95, 98 & Win NT

12. Win 95/NT Dev