MSN Members - Alert
Author Message
 MSN Members - Alert

I know this is off-topic, but I think this is important.

I got an email in my in-box the other day from "Miscrosoft Network
Administration".  They said that a hacker had broken into their system and
rendered their billing information useless (judging from Jim's bills, this
seemd valid <bg>).

However, when they started asking personal info like CC numbers, bank
account and then I see who they sent it to (all members that could be
listed as in a phone book).  I smelled fraud.  I reported this to MS and
several other authorities.

All you other MSN members, be alert for this and suspect this as well.
--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Corporation

[Using MS Internet News 3.0]
UIN 2967196

Thu, 17 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Product Support Services - Moderate Security Alert - Virus Alert: Klez-E

2. member by member copy???

3. MSN OpenSource project

4. MSN Protocol, need partner

5. Clarion on MSN Messenger

6. msnp.py: MSN messaging in Python

7. MSN V-Chat 2.0

8. AMSN - MSN Messenger in TCL!

9. icq/msn lib/module for tcl?

10. MSN email attachment to be aware of....

11. MSN MESSENGER VIRUS???

12. MSN Messenger beginning text