Colouring a queue
Author Message
 Colouring a queue

I am trying to set the background colour of a handcoded queue. My code is:

        DayQueueLHS:Time = LOC:Tyme
        DayQueueLHS:Client = 'John Fligg'
        DayQueueLHS:Work   = 'Whatever'
        DayQueueLHS:Time{PROP:Background} = 'Blue'
        Add(DayQueueLHS)
        Clear(DayQueueLHS)

What is wrong with the background statement? It does not work.

I cannot use "colour all templates" because this is a handcoded queue and
the intention is to colour each individual queue line according to a  status
flag.
--
Thank you

John Fligg
C55EE, ABC only, C55g

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 01:39:48 GMT
 Colouring a queue
Try

DayQueueLHS:Time{PROP:Background} = Color:Blue        ! if equates.clw is
included
    or
DayQueueLHS:Time{PROP:Background} = 0ff0000h

Bob Sutton

Quote:
> I am trying to set the background colour of a handcoded queue. My code is:

>         DayQueueLHS:Time = LOC:Tyme
>         DayQueueLHS:Client = 'John Fligg'
>         DayQueueLHS:Work   = 'Whatever'
>         DayQueueLHS:Time{PROP:Background} = 'Blue'
>         Add(DayQueueLHS)
>         Clear(DayQueueLHS)

> What is wrong with the background statement? It does not work.

> I cannot use "colour all templates" because this is a handcoded queue and
> the intention is to colour each individual queue line according to a
status
> flag.
> --
> Thank you

> John Fligg
> C55EE, ABC only, C55g

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:11:32 GMT
 Colouring a queue
If you are trying to set the background color of ONE COLUMN in the
list box.
Then see proplist:ColStyle

If a given field might conditionally be colored, then set the format
string to use Color, or better yet use STYLES.  Note both of these
imply additional fields in your queue after you DayQueue:LHS:Time
field.

In your clarion folder see the example in  \Examples\list

--
www.Tradesmens.com
Mark Goldberg

Quote:
> I am trying to set the background colour of a handcoded queue. My
code is:

>         DayQueueLHS:Time = LOC:Tyme
>         DayQueueLHS:Client = 'John Fligg'
>         DayQueueLHS:Work   = 'Whatever'
>         DayQueueLHS:Time{PROP:Background} = 'Blue'
>         Add(DayQueueLHS)
>         Clear(DayQueueLHS)

> What is wrong with the background statement? It does not work.

> I cannot use "colour all templates" because this is a handcoded
queue and
> the intention is to colour each individual queue line according to
> status flag.
> --
> Thank you

> John Fligg
> C55EE, ABC only, C55g

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:25:45 GMT
 Colouring a queue
John,

In the listb0x formatter, tick '[x] Color' for the Time-column.

Quote:
>  DayQueueLHS:Time = LOC:Tyme

    DayQueueLHS:Time_NormalFG   = -1    !LONG   !Normal forground color
    DayQueueLHS:Time_NormalBG  = Color:Blue     !Normal background color
    DayQueueLHS:Time_SelectedFG = -1      !LONG   !Selected forground color
    DayQueueLHS:Time_SelectedBG = -1      !LONG   !Selected background color

Quote:

--

Best regards,
Maarten

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:50:40 GMT
 Colouring a queue
If you want to color individual rows/columns then you need to define 4
(four) variables for each field that you want to color, and they MUST come
immediately after the display variable when defined in your queue.  The
order of the 4 fields determines which color you are setting.

See Maarten's post for an example.

Geoff Bomford
www.comformark.com.au
Computer services For Marketing

Quote:
> I am trying to set the background colour of a handcoded queue. My code is:

>         DayQueueLHS:Time = LOC:Tyme
>         DayQueueLHS:Client = 'John Fligg'
>         DayQueueLHS:Work   = 'Whatever'
>         DayQueueLHS:Time{PROP:Background} = 'Blue'
>         Add(DayQueueLHS)
>         Clear(DayQueueLHS)

> What is wrong with the background statement? It does not work.

> I cannot use "colour all templates" because this is a handcoded queue and
> the intention is to colour each individual queue line according to a
status
> flag.
> --
> Thank you

> John Fligg
> C55EE, ABC only, C55g

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:12:53 GMT
 Colouring a queue
Geoff

Was about to ask the same question but here is something else. Here is my
code (cut down):

DayQueueLHS:Time = LOC:Tyme
DayQueueLHS:Time_NormalFG  = q#
DayQueueLHS:Time_NormalBG  = w#
DayQueueLHS:Time_SelectedFG  = q#
DayQueueLHS:Time_SelectedBG  = w#

DayQueueLHS:Client = 'John Fligg'
DayQueueLHS:Client_NormalFG  = q#
DayQueueLHS:Client_NormalBG  = w#
DayQueueLHS:Client_SelectedFG  = q#
DayQueueLHS:Client_SelectedBG  = w#

etc......

My question is:

It is critical how you define the queue but can you actually fill the queue
in any order or does it have to be in the definition order. i.e. Can I fill
in all my variables first and THEN define the colouring later.

John

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:53:21 GMT
 Colouring a queue
John;

If it was me, I'd set Each color variable to COLOR:None when you set it up,
then coloroize it later.

My .02

Greg

Quote:
> Geoff

> Was about to ask the same question but here is something else. Here is my
> code (cut down):

> DayQueueLHS:Time = LOC:Tyme
> DayQueueLHS:Time_NormalFG  = q#
> DayQueueLHS:Time_NormalBG  = w#
> DayQueueLHS:Time_SelectedFG  = q#
> DayQueueLHS:Time_SelectedBG  = w#

> DayQueueLHS:Client = 'John Fligg'
> DayQueueLHS:Client_NormalFG  = q#
> DayQueueLHS:Client_NormalBG  = w#
> DayQueueLHS:Client_SelectedFG  = q#
> DayQueueLHS:Client_SelectedBG  = w#

> etc......

> My question is:

> It is critical how you define the queue but can you actually fill the
queue
> in any order or does it have to be in the definition order. i.e. Can I
fill
> in all my variables first and THEN define the colouring later.

> John

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 07:54:48 GMT
 Colouring a queue
John;

Cool looking screen! I use the Color:None in my definition of the queue. It
seems to work fine. I don't colore every cell, however. I only color the
cells that meet specific criteria, I default the color for all others. I
don't think it matters what order you populate a queue, just so that it is
populated fully when it is displayed. I'd watch that red though, I had a
client once that, if I used red anywhere other than error messages, would
just go berserk ... Neat looking though.

You start your day at 5:30 ... I don't usually even wake up till then :-)

Greg

Quote:
> Hi Greg

> No can do.

> This code is within a loop. So each time round the loop it uses a
different
> value. Basically a scheduling screen. See attached image (forgive glaring
> colors!!!).

> But despite the number of loops etc. even when scrolling there is no
> flickering so Clarion is exceptionally quick.

> John

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:53:41 GMT
 Colouring a queue
Guys,
take a peek at STYLES vs. the old COLOR approach.
a style only uses one field vs. the 4 longs.  When I know I'm going
to have a limited number of styles, I use a BYTE vs. a long
a style can support all of the colors you're asking for, AND it can
support font changes (actual fonts, bold/ital/underline, font size)

--
www.Tradesmens.com
Mark Goldberg

Quote:
> John;

> Cool looking screen! I use the Color:None in my definition of the
queue.
> It seems to work fine. I don't colore every cell, however. I only
color
> the cells that meet specific criteria, I default the color for all
> others. I don't think it matters what order you populate a queue,
just so
> that it is populated fully when it is displayed. I'd watch that
red
> though, I had a client once that, if I used red anywhere other
than error
> messages, would just go berserk ... Neat looking though.

> You start your day at 5:30 ... I don't usually even wake up till
then :-)

> Greg

>> Hi Greg

>> No can do.

>> This code is within a loop. So each time round the loop it uses a
>> different value. Basically a scheduling screen. See attached
image
>> (forgive glaring colors!!!).

>> But despite the number of loops etc. even when scrolling there is
no
>> flickering so Clarion is exceptionally quick.

>> John

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 09:18:47 GMT
 Colouring a queue

Quote:

> You start your day at 5:30 ... I don't usually even wake up till then :-)

Hmmm...  that is ALMOST the time when I knock off the programming and go to
bed <g>.

Sue Pichotta accused me of being a Vampire and I assured her that was simply
not possible ... Vampires DO get SOME sleep <g>

Charles Edmonds

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 09:56:10 GMT
 Colouring a queue
I used to raise chickens but had to get rid of them because they slept too
late <g>.

--

- Andrew Guidroz II (GeeTroze)

Quote:
> John;

> Cool looking screen! I use the Color:None in my definition of the queue.
It
> seems to work fine. I don't colore every cell, however. I only color the
> cells that meet specific criteria, I default the color for all others. I
> don't think it matters what order you populate a queue, just so that it is
> populated fully when it is displayed. I'd watch that red though, I had a
> client once that, if I used red anywhere other than error messages, would
> just go berserk ... Neat looking though.

> You start your day at 5:30 ... I don't usually even wake up till then :-)

> Greg

> > Hi Greg

> > No can do.

> > This code is within a loop. So each time round the loop it uses a
> different
> > value. Basically a scheduling screen. See attached image (forgive
glaring
> > colors!!!).

> > But despite the number of loops etc. even when scrolling there is no
> > flickering so Clarion is exceptionally quick.

> > John

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:35:33 GMT
 Colouring a queue
I always try to go home before midnight. It's just a discipline that I've
developed. My wife is a really cool person and I like to see her
occasionally ... :-)

Greg

Quote:

> > You start your day at 5:30 ... I don't usually even wake up till then
:-)

> Hmmm...  that is ALMOST the time when I knock off the programming and go
> bed <g>.

> Sue Pichotta accused me of being a Vampire and I assured her that was
simply
> not possible ... Vampires DO get SOME sleep <g>

> Charles Edmonds

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:55:15 GMT
 Colouring a queue
Rooster crows in my yard before 8:00 and he's meat by dinner ....

> I used to raise chickens but had to get rid of them because they slept too
> late <g>.

> --

> - Andrew Guidroz II (GeeTroze)

> > John;

> > Cool looking screen! I use the Color:None in my definition of the queue.
> It
> > seems to work fine. I don't colore every cell, however. I only color the
> > cells that meet specific criteria, I default the color for all others. I
> > don't think it matters what order you populate a queue, just so that it
is
> > populated fully when it is displayed. I'd watch that red though, I had a
> > client once that, if I used red anywhere other than error messages,
would
> > just go berserk ... Neat looking though.

> > You start your day at 5:30 ... I don't usually even wake up till then
:-)

> > Greg

> > > Hi Greg

> > > No can do.

> > > This code is within a loop. So each time round the loop it uses a
> > different
> > > value. Basically a scheduling screen. See attached image (forgive
> glaring
> > > colors!!!).

> > > But despite the number of loops etc. even when scrolling there is no
> > > flickering so Clarion is exceptionally quick.

> > > John

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:56:26 GMT
 Colouring a queue
Hi John,

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:39:48 -0000, "John Fligg"

Quote:

>I am trying to set the background colour of a handcoded queue. My code is:

Rather than fight the four variables for the colors, you really should
do yourself a favour and look at styles.  Read our December newsletter
at http://www.icetips.com/newsletters/december2002.htm which has a
pretty complete explanation about Styles.

In short, you add ONE LONG variable after the data variable.  This
variable contains a number which defined what style to use.

Say you have a queue like this:

Q  Queue
F1   String(20)
F1St Long
F2   String(20)
F2St Long
   End

You populate this queue in a listbox, let's call it ?List

Then define the styles for the listbox in your code:

 ?List {PROPSTYLE:BackColor,1} = COLOR:Blue
 ?List {PROPSTYLE:BackColor,2} = COLOR:Silver

Then when assigning to the queue:

Q.F1 = 'Arnor'
Q.F1St = 1 ! First name on blue background
Q.F2 = 'Baldvinsson'
Q.F2St = 2 ! Last name on silver background
Add(Q)

Q.F1 = 'John'
Q.F1St = 2 ! First name on Silver background
Q.F2 = 'Fligg'
Q.F2St = 1 ! Last name on Blue background
Add(Q)

This will appear as Blue and Silver on the first row and Silver and
Blue on the second row!

Search for "FORMAT() Style Properties" in the help for a complete list
of the PROPSTYLE properties.  Also read the article I wrote back in
December for further information.

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:12:00 GMT
 Colouring a queue

Quote:
> I always try to go home before midnight. It's just a discipline that I've
> developed. My wife is a really cool person and I like to see her
> occasionally ... :-)

That is one of the benefits of working for myself from a home office <g>.

( well, that and being able to get up at 10:00 AM and go back to work, show
up for work in sweat pants, take a nap if I need to, raid the fridge and
take some time to play with the dog when one of them demands it <g>).

The downside is that my boss is an A**hole somedays and sometimes the
paychecks aren't as regular as one might like them to be.

However given the alternative, I'll take this life anyday!

Charles Edmonds

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:27:49 GMT

 [ 31 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2] [3]

 Relevant Pages

1. CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)

2. How to make a queue of queue's

3. Clarification of Queue Operation / Behavior when using multiple Queues

4. Queue in Queue?!

5. Queue of Queues problem.

6. QUEUE in QUEUE

7. QUEUE inside GROUP/QUEUE

8. Queue.Queue examples?

9. Howto wait for multiple queues (Queue.py)?

10. Colouring records in browse bosx

11. Colouring the menu bar text

12. Colouring alternate rows in browse