hide/unhide fields in a report
Author Message
 hide/unhide fields in a report

Hello world,
are there any problems in hiding/unhiding fields in a report?
I try to print a personal file, this file should be printed with or
without remarks.
The can choose in a checkbox if he want to see the remarks.
But hiding/unhiding do not work!

Am i miss something?

regards

Ralf

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 hide/unhide fields in a report
in reports, remember to include report$

report$?image1{prop:hide}=true

TLB

Quote:

>Hello world,
>are there any problems in hiding/unhiding fields in a report?
>I try to print a personal file, this file should be printed with or
>without remarks.
>The can choose in a checkbox if he want to see the remarks.
>But hiding/unhiding do not work!

>Am i miss something?

>regards

>Ralf

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 hide/unhide fields in a report
Ralf,

Quote:
> are there any problems in hiding/unhiding fields in a report?
> I try to print a personal file, this file should be printed with or
> without remarks.
> The can choose in a checkbox if he want to see the remarks.
> But hiding/unhiding do not work!

You have to target the report since a report will
never have the default target:
  SetTarget(Report)
  Hide(?SomeControl)
  SetTarget()    !return the default !!!
Or directly:
  Report$?SomeControl{Prop:Hide} = True

--
Best regards,
Maarten

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 hide/unhide fields in a report
Ralf,
   When unhiding use Report$?FieldName{Prop:Hide} = ''
    False will not work.

Bill Rollins

Quote:
> Hello world,
> are there any problems in hiding/unhiding fields in a report?
> I try to print a personal file, this file should be printed with or
> without remarks.
> The can choose in a checkbox if he want to see the remarks.
> But hiding/unhiding do not work!

> Am i miss something?

> regards

> Ralf

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 hide/unhide fields in a report
Thanks for your answers, but...

Quote:
> Ralf,

> > are there any problems in hiding/unhiding fields in a report?
> > I try to print a personal file, this file should be printed with or
> > without remarks.
> > The can choose in a checkbox if he want to see the remarks.
> > But hiding/unhiding do not work!

> You have to target the report since a report will
> never have the default target:
>   SetTarget(Report)
>   Hide(?SomeControl)
>   SetTarget()    !return the default !!!

This has no effect. In the help i have seen that i have to
specify the band too. So i have written detail as second parameter
but there was no effect too.
Quote:
> Or directly:
>   Report$?SomeControl{Prop:Hide} = True

This results in a GPF.
(the true meaning is :Great Pain Forever)

What i try to hide is a constant string and a variable string.
The code that should hide/unhide is reached for sure.

Are there any further problems ?

best regards

Ralf

Quote:
> --
> Best regards,
> Maarten
> C5EEb - ABC & C5.5b2
> Certainly Clarion Developer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 hide/unhide fields in a report
Ok, it works now.
I have put the code under 'after opening the report'.
The reason for the could be that i forgot the '?' when hiding the
variable string...

regards

Ralf

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unhide/Hide Text in a Report

2. Hide and Unhide Image in a Report

3. report: hide/unhide lines

4. HIDE / UNHIDE in report

5. hide/unhide on report

6. How to Hide/Unhide text at runtime in REPORT

7. Help On Reports (Hide/Unhide) In CW1.5

8. Hide and unhide report controls

9. HIDE/UNHIDE AN IMAGE ON A REPORT

10. Hiding controls and fields on a report

11. Hiding Fields on a Report

12. Hidden fields in report (2003) ???