App to App parm passing in 2.003
Author Message
 App to App parm passing in 2.003

What do I need to do to call a second Clarion app from my main Clarion
app and pass a varible (paramater) to the second.  I can only find data
on passing parms inside an application (proc or function) but not when
calling/running another program.

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 App to App parm passing in 2.003

Look at COMMAND()

hth,

-Jeff

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998 12:31:36 -0600, "Gary L. Drescher"

Quote:

>What do I need to do to call a second Clarion app from my main Clarion
>app and pass a varible (paramater) to the second.  I can only find data
>on passing parms inside an application (proc or function) but not when
>calling/running another program.

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed(CW)(Compuserve)]
(CW2003, DET 2.2, RPM, PwrBrw, CPCS, PDLookup, Ultra Tree, G-Reg, etc.) Since 1991
J & S Software Co.  http://www.jssoftware.com
(CIS: 73501,1323) Using Agent 1.5 and loving it!

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 App to App parm passing in 2.003

Quote:

>What do I need to do to call a second Clarion app from my main Clarion
>app and pass a varible (paramater) to the second.  I can only find data
>on passing parms inside an application (proc or function) but not when
>calling/running another program.

You could put your data on the clipboard and the called app can then
read it. I read about it somewhere, try the docs, examples.

Cheers,
            Andy

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 App to App parm passing in 2.003

I make the second app a DDE server and then send a DDE message to it after I
start it from the first app. Works well. I pass the login info from app1 to
app2, so the user doesnt have to reenter it.

Regards, Jim

------------------------

Quote:

>What do I need to do to call a second Clarion app from my main Clarion
>app and pass a varible (paramater) to the second.  I can only find data
>on passing parms inside an application (proc or function) but not when
>calling/running another program.

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing parm hex parm to STCKCONV

2. Convert 2.003 app to C4

3. No focus after returning from WinHelp on 2.003 SDI apps

4. CW 2.003, Win95, and .APP load/save speed

5. Converting 2.003 APP to Clarion 5.5

6. App-Ref: Need to break up a large App, App-Ref can help

7. Versioning a ToGo app (was: Deployed app DNU)

8. Deployed app terminates after a MessageBox is displayed before main app shell view is opened

9. launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

10. C5 app to C4 app

11. Convert Clarion 2.0 app to Clarion 5.5 apps.

12. Importing files and proceedures from 2 apps to make one app