RTF - Can't turn off ISDIRTY=TRUE
Author Message
 RTF - Can't turn off ISDIRTY=TRUE

I am running C5.5 R2. Whenever I do a replace and then close the window with
RTF control a message box comes up asking if I want to Save Data. I found
that the include files for the rtf;
c55rtf.inc and c55rtfl.inc, under the KILL method prototype specify
ISDIRTY=TRUE in the inc file. I can't override it so I always get this
message.
If I change TRUE to FALSE in the inc files then the message box no longer
comes up. Is there a way to override this??

  Thanks in advance,
   Bob

Thu, 10 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 RTF - Can't turn off ISDIRTY=TRUE
Quote:

> c55rtf.inc and c55rtfl.inc, under the KILL method prototype specify
> ISDIRTY=TRUE in the inc file. I can't override it so I always get this
> message.

you could add ,virtual to kill in the .inc file if you want to override
it.
You coud tell the rtf control it isnt modified after each search and
replace with one line of api code:
SendMessage(UNSIGNED, UNSIGNED, UNSIGNED, LONG), LONG, Pascal,
NAME('SendMessageA'),proc
EM_GETMODIFY        EQUATE(00B8H)
EM_SETMODIFY        EQUATE(00B9H)

SendMessage(?YourRTFControl{prop:handle), EM_SETMODIFY, FALSE, 0)

but mostly, why dont you want to save it if you have done a replace and
have truely changed it.
-----
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Thu, 10 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 RTF - Can't turn off ISDIRTY=TRUE
Bob,
There is an update on the SV website, are you using it?

--
bob brooker
SoftVelocity

> I am running C5.5 R2. Whenever I do a replace and then close the window
with
> RTF control a message box comes up asking if I want to Save Data. I found
> that the include files for the rtf;
> c55rtf.inc and c55rtfl.inc, under the KILL method prototype specify
> ISDIRTY=TRUE in the inc file. I can't override it so I always get this
> message.
> If I change TRUE to FALSE in the inc files then the message box no longer
> comes up. Is there a way to override this??

>   Thanks in advance,
>    Bob

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 RTF - Can't turn off ISDIRTY=TRUE
I had the same problem in legacy, even with the latest rtf updates.

As a workaround, try using the SaveRTFField method.  It writes the rtf field
to the record buffer, not to disk, and it clears the isdirty property so you
don't get the extra message box.

Quote:
> I am running C5.5 R2. Whenever I do a replace and then close the window
with
> RTF control a message box comes up asking if I want to Save Data. I found
> that the include files for the rtf;
> c55rtf.inc and c55rtfl.inc, under the KILL method prototype specify
> ISDIRTY=TRUE in the inc file. I can't override it so I always get this
> message.
> If I change TRUE to FALSE in the inc files then the message box no longer
> comes up. Is there a way to override this??

>   Thanks in advance,
>    Bob

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Turn off RTF textbox toolbar??

2. Easy one: Highlight execution works, but subvi's are skipped when it is turned off

4. Turning a file-like object into a true file object

5. A True Beleiver, about to turn Heretic!

6. It's not bad canned meat...

7. It's not bad canned meat...

8. It's not bad canned meat...

9. It's not bad canned meat...