Owerwrite a line in the report
Author Message
 Owerwrite a line in the report

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Everyone,

Using Report procedure on CW2003, I need to owerwrite header line by detail
line.
Is there any wat to do this (Include hand coding).

Any help will be appreciate.

Thank You

Murat YILDIRIM
Lidya Ltd. / TURKEY

Wed, 22 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Owerwrite a line in the report

Murat,
    Are you talking about "overwriting" as in replacing, or do you mean
that the new line has to print in the same space... Something like...

1;        Hello
2;                 THERE
3;                                 Lidya

Becoming...

        Hello THERE Lidya

    I'm not sure about that. When you define a detail section, I believe
it takes up a band across the page and you can't overprint because the
print engine automatically puts it below the last detail line and I
don't know if a detail line could have negative placements.
    Are you trying to overprint text or graphics? It might make a
difference (I've never tried to do that in a detail line, so I don't
know). Anyway, give a little more information about what you are trying
to do and I'm sure someone will have good ideas or have already done it.

    Later...

    kurtt

Quote:

>                        - - - - - - - - - -
> Hi Everyone,

> Using Report procedure on CW2003, I need to owerwrite header line by
> detail
> line.
> Is there any wat to do this (Include hand coding).

> Any help will be appreciate.

> Thank You

Thu, 23 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Owerwrite a line in the report

The short answer is probably NO

Now for the long answer...

Your detail has to be a size and  horizontal position so that it doesn't encroach over the
Header section that you want to over print.  eg make your header section 3 inches wide,
then start your detail 3 inches in from the left.

The Y position of whatever is printed in the detail has to be a negative value!  eg if
your detail is 200 units high, the Y position of a string in a detail has to be -200  !!
You won't be able to see it on the report designer !!

If you have more than one group break then you won't be able to use 'With Next' to make
sure your detail is only ever printed with the appropriate header !!  (This is a BUG - if
it has been fixed in 2.003 will someone please tell me??)  This means that when the detail
prints on a new page - it will probably print over part of your page header.

At this stage I just gave up!!  Good luck!

Quote:

>                       - - - - - - - - - -
>Hi Everyone,

>Using Report procedure on CW2003, I need to owerwrite header line by detail
>line.
>Is there any wat to do this (Include hand coding).

>Any help will be appreciate.

>Thank You

>Murat YILDIRIM
>Lidya Ltd. / TURKEY

Geoff Bomford
ComForMark
Computer services For Marketing
Sydney,  Australia

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fw: [cw-talk] Owerwrite a line in the report

2. Reformatting a delimited line of data into a report using a template

3. Need to split file with two reports per line

4. OO Methodologies Comparison Report Now On-Line

5. Missing lines in Report

6. Hiding/Unhiding lines in a report

7. Suppress detail line in Report

8. Counting lines in a report

9. Blank lines in Report (Detail Band)

10. Will alignment tool in report work with lines?

11. counting lines in a report

12. Lines in reports