Refreshing a DropList Queue to reflect a filter change
Author Message
 Refreshing a DropList Queue to reflect a filter change

I have two drop lists.  The contents of the 2nd depend upon the record
selected in the 1st. It sets a variable that is used in the filter of the
2nd.

After a selection is made on the 1st, how can I reset the queue of the 2nd?

The object name is FDB8 and I've tried FDB8.ResetQueue and a few other
methods.
Nothing happens.

What's the trick to resetting the queue to reflect the new filter?  Which
embed?  I'm using the Accepted embed of the 1st drop list.

--
Thanks,
Greg Berthume

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Refreshing a DropList Queue to reflect a filter change
Quote:

> What's the trick to resetting the queue to reflect the new filter?  Which
> embed?  I'm using the Accepted embed of the 1st drop list.

Fdb8.SetFilter('newfilter','priority');Thiswindow.reset() or
Fdb8.SetFilter('newfilter','priority');thiswindow.reset(1) if the 1st
doenst work in event:newselection on the 1st droplist.  I just about never
call resetqueue for anything.  The queue filling is a result of the view,
filter, order so if you set them the queue takes care of itself.
-----------
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Refreshing a DropList Queue to reflect a filter change
Thanks Jim!

Quote:

> > What's the trick to resetting the queue to reflect the new filter?
Which
> > embed?  I'm using the Accepted embed of the 1st drop list.

> Fdb8.SetFilter('newfilter','priority');Thiswindow.reset() or
> Fdb8.SetFilter('newfilter','priority');thiswindow.reset(1) if the 1st
> doenst work in event:newselection on the 1st droplist.  I just about never
> call resetqueue for anything.  The queue filling is a result of the view,
> filter, order so if you set them the queue takes care of itself.
> -----------
> Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
> Productive Software Solutions
> Can't Find that Message?
> Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
> www.fkeeps.com

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding a dummy field to a Droplist wich also displays a queue

2. droplist in queue EIP

3. Changes in superclass are not reflected in subclasses.

4. color ramp not changing to reflect interactive seting of hi/low color boxes

5. windows-cmd shell doesn't reflect _winreg changes

6. How to change Record Filter when changing Tab

7. Refresh BROWSE record NOT QUEUE

8. How to refresh filter in drop down combo box

9. Browse Filter and Refreshing

10. Filtering refresh

11. Need help refreshing filters

12. Refreshing browse with new filter