Having problems changing printer settings within the program code (anyone having problems w/ OkiData printers?)
Author Message
 Having problems changing printer settings within the program code (anyone having problems w/ OkiData printers?)

A customer just got a OkiData 16n, it has two paper sources online.

I tried to implement code to automatically switch from the main feed
tray to the stack feeder depending on the report and I have been
unable to get it to work.

To assure the correct value for the paper tray, I assign the variable
in a set-up window by having the user set the printer paper-tray
settings then using the code:

SecondaryPaperFeed=PRINTER{07B06H}

At the beginning of the report I embed:

PRINTER{07B05H}=NumOfCopies
PRINTER{07B06H}=SecondardyPaperFeed

When I print the report, the correct number of copies are printed, but
the bypass tray is not selected.  Also, there are sometimes missing
characters.

So, I removed the code to select the paper tray.

However, since they got the printer, one of the reports causes a GPF
in the printer driver.  I have also noticed a few other anomalies in
the print output between the Oki and my HP (a field on on report is
missing when printed w/ the Oki, sometimes missing characters, etc.)

Anyone else having problems with OkiData printers??

Thanks in advance!
Jesse Bodnar

PS:  where do I go in the Application Generator to tell C4 to include
the PRINTERS.CLW file?

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. I am having problems setting the page break through Active X

2. tkgnats : having problem setting the sort order

3. XF: Anyone else having problems with tearoff menus ??

4. Having trouble setting up Oberon

5. Anyone else having trouble with GIFs?

6. anyone else in c.l.e. having

7. Anyone else having trouble with the CVS server?

8. Having C++ Program Call Functions Defined for TCL

9. How to Erase a Virus Wihtout having antivirus program

10. Having problem starting DST

11. I'm having a cpu problem

12. Novice having merge problem