Setting file attributes and Copying files
Author Message
 Setting file attributes and Copying files

This may be out of the scope of this NG but does anybody know how to change
file attributes. I use "RUN" and the DOS ATTRIB command but this opens briefly
a DOS screen. I would also like to copy files from one directory to another.
Are there windows functions to do this. Do I need some kind of Windows
interface software.
Any help is appreciated.

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting file attributes and Copying files
Quote:

> This may be out of the scope of this NG but does anybody know how to change
> file attributes. I use "RUN" and the DOS ATTRIB command but this opens briefly
> a DOS screen. I would also like to copy files from one directory to another.
> Are there windows functions to do this. Do I need some kind of Windows
> interface software.

The answer depends on if you want to do 32 bit or 16 bit and to an extent what
attribute you want to change.  In 16 bit I use the c library function  chmod and
in 32 bit I use the API SetFileAttributesA().  Both of which avoid dos.
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting file attributes on file creation from ZipFiles (solved)

2. Setting file attributes on file creation.

3. Copying files, changing attributes (CW20)

4. Copying files, changing attributes (CW20)

5. Copying files / changing attributes (CW20)

6. Copying files and changing attributes (cw20)

7. How do I set a text file's attributes to read-only

8. Setting Extended Attributes for files under OS/2.

9. Setting file attributes in ADA 95

10. Setting file attributes on windows.

11. File Vi's and modifying file Attributes, listing by, etc

12. Unexpected results of [file writable] and [file attributes] on NTFS