C4 abc vs c5 abc
Author Message
 C4 abc vs c5 abc

Hi everybody,

Is there any difference betweeb the C4b ABC Library and the C5 ABC
Library? What about the ABC templates?

Is it possible to use the C5 ABC Library and/or templates under C4?
This brings up another question. Are there any changes to the Clarion
language or the template language in C5? So far, we have heard of
changes only in the IDE and database drivers, etc.

I am asking this because I have reached a point where I feel I need
to delve deeper into the ABC classes to have better control of my
programs. What I would like to know is whether I should study the
ABC classes as in C4 or wait for C5 and if this knowledge can be
carried over.

Although everybody would like the ABC classes not to change, if it
changes for the better, it would be good in the long run. I just need
to know.

Thanks,
Ubaidullah Nubar.
Using Clarion since 1989.

  |  |          |\ |

___ Blue Wave/386 v2.30 [NR]

Sun, 06 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C4 abc vs c5 abc

Quote:
>Is there any difference betweeb the C4b ABC Library and the C5 ABC

Abc Changes i remember:
a) Qbe Class
b) EIP re-written
c) Several methods turn to VIRTUAL
etc..

-------------------------
Sebastian Talamoni
Unisoft Argentina

Sun, 06 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C4 abc vs c5 abc
What you learn about ABC in C4 should be fully applicable to C5. IOW, it's
not a waste of time. That said, starting on C5 is a good idea, too, since
ABC has had some additions since C4 was released.
Quote:

>Hi everybody,

>Is there any difference betweeb the C4b ABC Library and the C5 ABC
>Library? What about the ABC templates?

>Is it possible to use the C5 ABC Library and/or templates under C4?
>This brings up another question. Are there any changes to the Clarion
>language or the template language in C5? So far, we have heard of
>changes only in the IDE and database drivers, etc.

>I am asking this because I have reached a point where I feel I need
>to delve deeper into the ABC classes to have better control of my
>programs. What I would like to know is whether I should study the
>ABC classes as in C4 or wait for C5 and if this knowledge can be
>carried over.

>Although everybody would like the ABC classes not to change, if it
>changes for the better, it would be good in the long run. I just need
>to know.

>Thanks,
>Ubaidullah Nubar.
>Using Clarion since 1989.

>  |  |          |\ |

>___ Blue Wave/386 v2.30 [NR]

Mon, 07 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with C4/C5 abc + Oracle Connect

2. C4, C5, ABC and the meaning of life.

3. C4/C5 - ABC - Have you ever....?

4. Wierd problem when calling function ABC as: [ABC] *or* eval ABC

5. ABC Select Directory template ABC

6. ABC Code not working (C5EE & ABC)

7. Upgrading CW4 ABC app to CW5 ABC

8. Q: Function to convert 'abc+def = (abc def)

9. Terminate Process Procedure in C5 abc

10. C5 ABC escape from process

11. Problems with window locking up in C5 ABC

12. C5 ABC can't get browse to refresh