Windows program call DOS program
Author Message
 Windows program call DOS program

I  have a system include both written by CW2003 and CPD 3.

There is a program running a batch job every night. It is CW2003. It
will call another window program, then call a DOS program. Within the
DOS program, It will call 4 other DOS programs.  It always died  during
the DOS program calling in different places.
I have window95 and use 'Run' command to call other programs.

Does anyone has the same situation and know the reason why?

Thanks

Amy Her
Bradley University

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows program call DOS program

CW's RUN() function is basically worthless IMHO.  I highly recommend the $20
for PowerRUN(), which basically is a template wrapper for the WinExec
(16bit) or CreateProcess (32bit) windows API functions.  I could have
prototyped these myself, but 10 hours of debugging versus $20 was a no
brainer for me <g>.  The CreateProcess API prototype is a supreme PIA to
prototype.

Check out http://members.aol.com/GBerthume for the demo

TIA, Chris

Quote:

>I  have a system include both written by CW2003 and CPD 3.

>There is a program running a batch job every night. It is CW2003. It
>will call another window program, then call a DOS program. Within the
>DOS program, It will call 4 other DOS programs.  It always died  during
>the DOS program calling in different places.
>I have window95 and use 'Run' command to call other programs.

>Does anyone has the same situation and know the reason why?

>Thanks

>Amy Her
>Bradley University

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows program call DOS program

Amy,
Check number of file handles in config. If they are nested calls you may be
exceeding your setting.
Ed

Quote:

>I  have a system include both written by CW2003 and CPD 3.

>There is a program running a batch job every night. It is CW2003. It
>will call another window program, then call a DOS program. Within the
>DOS program, It will call 4 other DOS programs.  It always died  during
>the DOS program calling in different places.
>I have window95 and use 'Run' command to call other programs.

>Does anyone has the same situation and know the reason why?

>Thanks

>Amy Her
>Bradley University

Wed, 26 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. comm ports/shell out from DOS program to execute Windows program

2. trapping / int14 calls from a DOS program under WINDOWS

3. trapping / int14 calls from a DOS program under WINDOWS

4. Calling int86x in DOS protected mode program.

5. Re : How to call a DOS program then close its window

6. How can I call a DOS program and close its window after

7. Calling window programs from a dos envoiriment

8. Calling dos program from OS2 REXX

9. Calling dos program from OS2 REXX

10. executing dos program within program

11. calling dos program from asm

12. Calling API from DOS program