Please Help: Adding Edit-in-Place checkbox to a List Box
Author Message
 Please Help: Adding Edit-in-Place checkbox to a List Box

I'm looking for the steps I can take to add an edit-in-place
check box to a list box.

I've tried numerous things.  In short, I have a byte field
that I'd like to toggle off or on from the list box.

I have Mitton Software's Super Tagging but this is
overkill for this particular app.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Adam in Orlando

Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help: Adding Edit-in-Place checkbox to a List Box

in my list box and put a button on the browse.  When the user presses
the button it places an X in the local variable and sets the byte in the
file to 1.  If they press the button again it deletes the X and sets the
byte to 0.  In other words it is a toggle.

My users really like this feature because it saves them from having to
open the form just to check or uncheck a box.

Gary

Quote:

> I'm looking for the steps I can take to add an edit-in-place
> check box to a list box.

> I've tried numerous things.  In short, I have a byte field
> that I'd like to toggle off or on from the list box.

> I have Mitton Software's Super Tagging but this is
> overkill for this particular app.

> Can you help?

> Thanks,

> Adam in Orlando

Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help: Adding Edit-in-Place checkbox to a List Box
Adam Anderson schrieb:

Quote:
> I'm looking for the steps I can take to add an edit-in-place
> check box to a list box.

> I've tried numerous things.  In short, I have a byte field
> that I'd like to toggle off or on from the list box.

> I have Mitton Software's Super Tagging but this is
> overkill for this particular app.

> Can you help?

> Thanks,

> Adam in Orlando

Hi Adam,

I've done much the same thing. It toggles a browse field on or off when
the user clicks
on it with the mouse. The only difference to the thing you want is, I
use it on a list box
wich is NOT filled from the clarion browse-template, it is fed from a
queue that I fill
manually.

It basically works as follows:

1. Have the browse use icons on the special field that represents the
check box (in
   this example, it is field Nr. 8).
2. At the "init"-embed for the window, tell the browse to use an
"check"-icon and an "uncheck"
   -icon depending on the values for the corresponding queue field.
   Example:
    ?theBrowse{prop:IconList,1}='uncheck.ico'
    ?theBrowse{prop:IconList,2}='check.ico'
    Like this, the browse displays the "checked"-icon when the
queue-field's value is 2, and it displays
    the "unchecked"-icon when the queues-field's value is 1.
3. at the "Control Event Handling","new selection"-embed for the list
box, toggle the queue-fields value, in case
    the user has clicked into that listbox column (in this example, it
is column 8).
    Example:
    IF ?theBrowse{proplist:MouseDownField}=8 THEN
        ?theBrowse{proplist:MouseDownField}=0
        IF Q:CheckField=1 THEN
            Q:CheckField=2
        ELSE
            Q:CheckField=1
        END
    END

This should also work for browse-template filled listboxes, but you have
to code the logic that saves the
changed record to disk manually.

kind regards,
Jens Eden

Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. check box in edit in place list box

2. check box in edit in place list box

3. Have edit in place list box and want to updat from dropdown list

4. Edit in Place in List Box as part of a form

5. Generator Error: Unable to find edit-in-place field in list box

6. Edit in place support to list box

7. Drop List in Edit in Place Browse Box

8. Add Drop List to Edit in Place

9. Edit in Place in List Box (not Browse)

10. Edit drop list Edit in place - problem

11. Edit In Place Validation - Help Please

12. Drop Boxes in Edit In Place