Position VCR controls
Author Message
 Position VCR controls

Is there any way to change the position of the VCR controls on a Browsebox.
I've a user who hates them being at the bottom lhs.

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Position VCR controls

Quote:
> Is there any way to change the position of the VCR controls on a
Browsebox.
> I've a user who hates them being at the bottom lhs.

Hi all,

   Not that I know off.

If the user is really being a pain all you need to do is add a group box,
x number of buttons, set the imm and skip attributes, add an icon,
set the size, in the accepted event embed point

Brwx.TakeScroll(Event:ScrollDown)
or   Event:ScrollUp,
or   Event:ScrollTop    etc...

Move the group where ever the user wants.

    Dennis

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Position VCR controls
Thanks. Makes sense - sort of.
Quote:

>> Is there any way to change the position of the VCR controls on a
>Browsebox.
>> I've a user who hates them being at the bottom lhs.

>Hi all,

>   Not that I know off.

>If the user is really being a pain all you need to do is add a group box,
>x number of buttons, set the imm and skip attributes, add an icon,
>set the size, in the accepted event embed point

>Brwx.TakeScroll(Event:ScrollDown)
>or   Event:ScrollUp,
>or   Event:ScrollTop    etc...

>Move the group where ever the user wants.

>    Dennis

Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Position VCR controls
Hi all,

   Well that was not the best message in the world, lets try again.

There is no way to move the VCR control that I know of.

It is a simple matter to create your own.

Add a group box to the screen add 6 buttons to the group box.
Add icons to each of the buttons that indicate the direction
to scroll.  Set the skip and immediate attributes of each button.

In the control event handling for each button embed the code
to scroll the browse.

For the button to scroll to the first record the code would be
Brwx.TakeScroll(Event:ScollTop)

the button for the last record
Brwx.TakeScroll(Event:ScrollBottom)

the rest would be PageUp, PageDown, ScrollUp, ScrollDown.

Place the group where ever the  user wants and your done.
The group box is not really needed but makes it simpler to move the buttons
around and you can set the bevel attribute on the box
for an attractive appearance.

    Dennis

Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Position VCR controls
Hi Dennis,

Understand that there is the ? mark sign in the VCR, I'm not using it. Is it
possible to hide it? Thank you.

Regards,
Alvin

Quote:
> Hi all,

>    Well that was not the best message in the world, lets try again.

> There is no way to move the VCR control that I know of.

> It is a simple matter to create your own.

> Add a group box to the screen add 6 buttons to the group box.
> Add icons to each of the buttons that indicate the direction
> to scroll.  Set the skip and immediate attributes of each button.

> In the control event handling for each button embed the code
> to scroll the browse.

> For the button to scroll to the first record the code would be
> Brwx.TakeScroll(Event:ScollTop)

> the button for the last record
> Brwx.TakeScroll(Event:ScrollBottom)

> the rest would be PageUp, PageDown, ScrollUp, ScrollDown.

> Place the group where ever the  user wants and your done.
> The group box is not really needed but makes it simpler to move the
buttons
> around and you can set the bevel attribute on the box
> for an attractive appearance.

>     Dennis

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Position VCR controls

Quote:

> Understand that there is the ? mark sign in the VCR, I'm not using it. Is
it
> possible to hide it? Thank you.

Hi all,

   Yes,  do not check the VCR option on the property screen.  Add
the VCR prop in embed point.

After the window is opened in the init method use
?Browse:1{prop:vcr} = true and the VCR will be added without the ?

Replace ?Browse:1 with the use name for the list.

    Dennis

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Position VCR controls
Hi Dennis,

Too good to be true!

Best Regards,
Alvin

Quote:

> > Understand that there is the ? mark sign in the VCR, I'm not using it.
Is
> it
> > possible to hide it? Thank you.

> Hi all,

>    Yes,  do not check the VCR option on the property screen.  Add
> the VCR prop in embed point.

> After the window is opened in the init method use
> ?Browse:1{prop:vcr} = true and the VCR will be added without the ?

> Replace ?Browse:1 with the use name for the list.

>     Dennis

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VCR Control Locator in Browse box --- HOW???

2. Question about VCR control...

3. VCR Controls on a Tool Bar

4. VCR Control

5. Locator button on VCR control on list box

6. vcr control help

7. vcr controls help

8. locator and vcr control

9. VCR locator control [? button]

10. control position vs mouse position

11. Text Control Positioning

12. Control Positioning, DLUs and Fonts...