Segdef exceeds 64K
Author Message
 Segdef exceeds 64K

We have a reasonable large application (approx. 20DLLs + EXE, 110 data files
& aliases), developed for 32 bit. When adding new keys and relationships we
are now getting Segdef exceeds 64K error. We have 3 DLLs defining the files
(no procedures), with the file definitions being shared between them. The
interesting problem is that a file which is not defined (generated) in one
of these DLLs will cause that DLL to generate the Segdef error if it has a
new key added. As it is not being generated in that application why should
that be the case.

If someone out there can enlightened us as to exactly what this error means,
and what conditions can precipitate it I would be most grateful. We
obviously have to reorganise what files are defined in each of the three
DLLs, but without some knowledge of the strategy to use we will be poking
around in the dark.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Regards,

Suresh Allada
Drake International.

Tue, 23 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Segdef exceeds 64K

Suresh Allada napisal(a) w wiadomo?ci:

Quote:
>of these DLLs will cause that DLL to generate the Segdef error if it has a
>new key added. As it is not being generated in that application why should
>that be the case.

Segdef is probably generated by linker when a single compiled segment
exceeds 64 K.
So there is a chance you have too many files in one module declared.
Also check your RI code. I would guess it might be getting too large.
HTH
Pozdrawiam / regards
Szymon Slupik, CTO
CDN - Compact Disc Novelty, Krakow

Tue, 23 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Segdef exceeds 64K

The 64K Segdef has been exceeded by your additions.  Try shortening some of
the field names or key names in the dictionary.

--
Best Regards,
Jerry P. Ray - Hard at Work

Quote:

>We have a reasonable large application (approx. 20DLLs + EXE, 110 data
files
>& aliases), developed for 32 bit. When adding new keys and relationships we
>are now getting Segdef exceeds 64K error. We have 3 DLLs defining the files
>(no procedures), with the file definitions being shared between them. The
>interesting problem is that a file which is not defined (generated) in one
>of these DLLs will cause that DLL to generate the Segdef error if it has a
>new key added. As it is not being generated in that application why should
>that be the case.

>If someone out there can enlightened us as to exactly what this error
means,
>and what conditions can precipitate it I would be most grateful. We
>obviously have to reorganise what files are defined in each of the three
>DLLs, but without some knowledge of the strategy to use we will be poking
>around in the dark.

>Any help gratefully accepted.

>Regards,

>Suresh Allada
>Drake International.

Tue, 23 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Segdef exceeds 64K

Hello Suresh

Quote:
> We have a reasonable large application (approx. 20DLLs + EXE, 110
data files
> & aliases), developed for 32 bit. When adding new keys and
relationships we
> are now getting Segdef exceeds 64K error. We have 3 DLLs defining the
files
> (no procedures), with the file definitions being shared between them.
The
> interesting problem is that a file which is not defined (generated)
in one
> of these DLLs will cause that DLL to generate the Segdef error if it
has a
> new key added. As it is not being generated in that application why
should
> that be the case.

Do you have "Generate all file declarions" checked in your 3 DLLs? If
so, uncheck it. Then create a dummy procedure and list all the files
required for that DLL under Other Files.

Regards
Malcolm Collett
===========================
mcollett AT iafrica DOT com

Fri, 26 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Segdef exceeds 64K

Hi Malcolm,

No, we don't have that option checked, as the whole idea behind having 3
DLLs is that we need to spread all the file declarations between 3 DLLs to
avoid this error (earlier it was the 'Pool Limit exceeded' error).

So far nobody has put forward any useful explanation as what circumstances
produce this error. Such an explanation would really be a great help.

Regards,

Suresh Allada.

Sat, 27 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

2. Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

3. Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

4. SegClass exceeds 64K?

5. Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds 64K ?

6. Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

7. Link error - Group or Segclass exceeds 64k

8. Group or Segclass exceeds 64k

9. Group or Segment Class Exceeds 64k

10. CW2001.01 REPOST - Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

11. 64K exceed - The problem

12. DGROUP Exceeds 64K