problem with empty date via Topspeed ODBC beta 5
Author Message
 problem with empty date via Topspeed ODBC beta 5

Hi,

I noticed that the Topspeed ODBC driver beta 5 converts an empty date
(long) to november 30, 1999.  Is this a bug?  What after november 1999?
All by all its not so far away.

I want test some records in Access against an empty date field.

Filip Decloedt.

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 problem with empty date via Topspeed ODBC beta 5

Quote:
> Hi,

> I noticed that the Topspeed ODBC driver beta 5 converts an empty date
> (long) to november 30, 1999.  Is this a bug?  What after november 1999?
> All by all its not so far away.

They just wanted to get in on the year 2000 e{*filter*}ment...

Sorry, I'll behave.

--
Tom Ruby

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Find resources mentioned in this newsgroup:
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
AOL sends me enough disks, I don't need to buy floppies!

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 problem with empty date via Topspeed ODBC beta 5

Quote:

> I noticed that the Topspeed ODBC driver beta 5 converts an empty date
> (long) to november 30, 1999.  Is this a bug?

Yes.  It should be returning 1 January 1800.

SuRF Down Under
(TopSpeed R&D)

Sun, 26 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 problem with empty date via Topspeed ODBC beta 5

Quote:
>I noticed that the Topspeed ODBC driver beta 5 converts an empty date
>(long) to november 30, 1999.  Is this a bug?  What after november 1999?
>All by all its not so far away.

I have no explanation for the actual date generated, since the driver
returns 0000-00-00; Access interprets this as Nov 30, 1999.

Anyway, I have fixed it to make invalid dates map to Jan 1st 1800,
which is unlikely to be confused with a 'normal' date.

In theory it could return an SQL NULL, but I'm not really willing to
try this so close to the end of the Beta period. I think it would be
likely to cause trouble...

Let me know if you can think of a better idea.

BTW - The current range of valid Clarion dates (LONG) is 4 to 109,211.
This is Jan 1st, 1801 to Dec 31, 2099. I think that the end date is to
be increased in Clarion 4.

George

Sun, 26 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 problem with empty date via Topspeed ODBC beta 5

Quote:
>I noticed that the Topspeed ODBC driver beta 5 converts an empty date
>(long) to november 30, 1999.  Is this a bug?  What after november 1999?
>All by all its not so far away.

On further reflection, I have decided to support null values for both
DATE and TIME LONGs.

This means that null dates and times will appear as blank in Access
etc.

George

Sun, 26 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. how can I read a date (MM-DD-YY) via Topspeed ODBC

2. TopSpeed Releases Free Beta 2 of TopSpeed ODBC Driver

3. Topspeed ODBC Driver Date Problem

4. connecting Topspeed ODBC via internet

5. Connecting to a TopSpeed database file via ODBC from ASP (VBScript)

6. ASAP access Topspeed via ODBC

7. TopSpeed ODBC Beta 5 Data Translation: Example?

8. Free Beta 3 of TopSpeed ODBC available now!

9. TopSpeed ODBC Date Translation: Example?

10. Topspeed ODBC and MS Access Dates

11. Visual Foxpro Date formatting via ODBC

12. Beta TPS ODBC (long) Date conversion ?