Check box conumdrum!!!!
Author Message
 Check box conumdrum!!!!

Hi All,
I am totally puzzled with this one...I hope we have a check box expert on
board!
I have a Check Box on a form, it has an assigned variable, if the box is
checked the variable assigment works fine. If however I use source code to
check the box e.g. Check1 = 1, the check box is ticked but the variable
assigment does not happen.

Any assistance appreciated.

eddie
N.Ireland

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Check box conumdrum!!!!

Quote:
> Hi All,
> I am totally puzzled with this one...I hope we have a check box expert
on
> board!
> I have a Check Box on a form, it has an assigned variable, if the box
is
> checked the variable assigment works fine. If however I use source
code to
> check the box e.g. Check1 = 1, the check box is ticked but the
variable
> assigment does not happen.

I guess your variable assignment is placed in the 'control accepted'
embed, right?
If so, this code is only reached when the user checks the box.
There is no other way to reach this code.
(Please someone correct me if i am mistaken)

I would place the variable assignment on the same place where you wright
Check1 = 1.
The main reason is: i don't know it better!
(If someone knows better, let me know too!)

best regards

Ralf

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Check box conumdrum!!!!
This is off the top of my head (i.e. I haven't consulted the documentation),
but couldn't you POST a EVENT:Accepted to the checkbox to trigger the
control accepted code?  Just an thought...

--

Thanks,
Robert Rathbone

Quote:

> > Hi All,
> > I am totally puzzled with this one...I hope we have a check box expert
> on
> > board!
> > I have a Check Box on a form, it has an assigned variable, if the box
> is
> > checked the variable assigment works fine. If however I use source
> code to
> > check the box e.g. Check1 = 1, the check box is ticked but the
> variable
> > assigment does not happen.

> I guess your variable assignment is placed in the 'control accepted'
> embed, right?
> If so, this code is only reached when the user checks the box.
> There is no other way to reach this code.
> (Please someone correct me if i am mistaken)

> I would place the variable assignment on the same place where you wright
> Check1 = 1.
> The main reason is: i don't know it better!
> (If someone knows better, let me know too!)

> best regards

> Ralf

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Check box conumdrum!!!!
Eddie,
        two thoughts,
            update the screen display         - DISPLAY(?MyCheckBox)
            tell the control its updated      -
POST(Event:Accepted,?MyCheckBox)

Steve

Quote:
> Hi All,
> I am totally puzzled with this one...I hope we have a check box expert on
> board!
> I have a Check Box on a form, it has an assigned variable, if the box is
> checked the variable assigment works fine. If however I use source code to
> check the box e.g. Check1 = 1, the check box is ticked but the variable
> assigment does not happen.

> Any assistance appreciated.

> eddie
> N.Ireland

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. check box in edit in place list box

2. check box in edit in place list box

3. Check Boxes and Option Boxes vanish

4. Bug with check boxes in a Dataset

5. check box question

6. Garbage Check Boxes & Radio Buttons

7. Can I have a check box in a browse

8. how can I add a check box to every item in a browse

9. Check boxes off screen with FormWizard

10. Check box in browse

11. Check box in list

12. Check Boxes on a Form