C5ee link error
Author Message
 C5ee link error

Using C5ee and trying to update an old (still working<G>) app written in CW2
(legacy).

App uses TPS files exclusively.

App contains one data DLL, plus several other DLL's.

Everything imports OK into C5 and the data DLL, which contains the only
exported file definitions, compiles just fine.

All dependent DLL's have their Global file settings as Declared Externally
in another app.

When I try to compile any of the dependent DLL's, or the EXE app, I get the
following linker error and a similar error for <every> file, key, record and
field definition :-(

=================================
    Link error: Duplicate symbol: $CLIENT
=================================

What have I done wrong??

Any help gratefully received.

TIA

--
Steve Ingle
C S Data Systems

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C5ee link error
In your dependent DLL apps, do you have the

Export all file declarations checked on the None External selection (even
though you have the All External selected)? If so, it's a gotcha.

-Bob.

Quote:
> Using C5ee and trying to update an old (still working<G>) app written in
CW2
> (legacy).

> App uses TPS files exclusively.

> App contains one data DLL, plus several other DLL's.

> Everything imports OK into C5 and the data DLL, which contains the only
> exported file definitions, compiles just fine.

> All dependent DLL's have their Global file settings as Declared Externally
> in another app.

> When I try to compile any of the dependent DLL's, or the EXE app, I get
the
> following linker error and a similar error for <every> file, key, record
and
> field definition :-(

> =================================
>     Link error: Duplicate symbol: $CLIENT
> =================================

> What have I done wrong??

> Any help gratefully received.

> TIA

> --
> Steve Ingle
> C S Data Systems
> CW4 / CW5 / VB6 / VC++ / Win9x / NT / Linux ;-}

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C5ee link error
Hi

Got rid of the 'duplicate' problem.

Using the global variables not in the DCT but in the filedefinition
DLL, I did the following:

I went through every single DLL and  'changed the dictionary' to the
one in the directory, I also changed/imported the filedefition.dll
once again.
I did both these things regardless of the names seemed ok or not(may
be some path problems)

Further I checked very carefully if there were some other
filedefinition.dll in the apps. Actually I found some which had
duplicates! I dont know why.

Full compilation, and it worked!

I still have some problems when using the global in the DCT.

Kind regards

Rolf A. Olsen

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:27:20 +0100, "stephen ingle"

Quote:

>Using C5ee and trying to update an old (still working<G>) app written in CW2
>(legacy).

>App uses TPS files exclusively.

>App contains one data DLL, plus several other DLL's.

>Everything imports OK into C5 and the data DLL, which contains the only
>exported file definitions, compiles just fine.

>All dependent DLL's have their Global file settings as Declared Externally
>in another app.

>When I try to compile any of the dependent DLL's, or the EXE app, I get the
>following linker error and a similar error for <every> file, key, record and
>field definition :-(

>=================================
>    Link error: Duplicate symbol: $CLIENT
>=================================

>What have I done wrong??

>Any help gratefully received.

>TIA

>--
>Steve Ingle
>C S Data Systems
>CW4 / CW5 / VB6 / VC++ / Win9x / NT / Linux ;-}

-
Best Regards

Rolf A. Olsen

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. C5EE (Clarion Chain DLL) w/ C5EE (ABC Chain DLL)

2. error R6003 on NT server (link __WAIT_4.OBJ in link script already)

3. statically linked tcl conflict with dynamically linked tcl error

4. C5EE error with Win 2000 profesional

5. C5EE/Btrieve/Win98 Errors

6. C5EE(b) Registry Error?

7. C5EE A: Table convert in dictionary fails Error 513 (Internal 13)

8. ISL error, C5ee-a Modula-2 32 bit

9. Invalid Cursor State Error - SQL in C5EE

10. C5EE - Edit in place - errors & Icons

11. Edit in place on a dimensioned field gives compiler error (ABC templates C5EE)

12. Its me or its a C5EE error