C5.5: Dictionary and Database File Browse Error?
Author Message
 C5.5: Dictionary and Database File Browse Error?

The problem may have been reported already in which case I missed the solution,
but in the C5.5 Professional Edition I am unable to browse a data file from the
Dictionary without getting an error. Is there a fix?

CGG

Sun, 18 May 2003 12:19:49 GMT
 C5.5: Dictionary and Database File Browse Error?
I experience the same problem each time I've change the dictionary file.
Delete the *.tps file and you are ready to continue.
A very bad solution if you are editing a existing database, but if you are
developing a new one ...OK

Fredrik

Quote:
>The problem may have been reported already in which case I missed the
solution,
>but in the C5.5 Professional Edition I am unable to browse a data file from
the
>Dictionary without getting an error. Is there a fix?

>CGG

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 C5.5: Dictionary and Database File Browse Error?
Hi.

  I've found that if that happens, I can sometimes fix it by making a
copy of the C5EE.INI file in your CLARION\BIN folder. Delete the INI
file and rerun clarion (you will need to re-enter key information) and
that should fix the problem (if it's the same as the one I used to get
and often). Just remember to keep a backup of the C5EE.INI file so you
don't have to go rumadging around for your settings again.

Quote:

> The problem may have been reported already in which case I missed the solution,
> but in the C5.5 Professional Edition I am unable to browse a data file from the
> Dictionary without getting an error. Is there a fix?

> CGG

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 C5.5: Dictionary and Database File Browse Error?

 just a P.S to my above message, this is *assuming* that the error
you're getting is not the result of any changes you are making to the
file definition in the dictionary. In which case you will get getting an
Error 47. Hope that helps!

Quote:

> The problem may have been reported already in which case I missed the solution,
> but in the C5.5 Professional Edition I am unable to browse a data file from the
> Dictionary without getting an error. Is there a fix?

> CGG

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 C5.5: Dictionary and Database File Browse Error?
If the error in '513'  then look for the c55pe.ini file and the c55brw.ini file and
delete them and try again.  If that doesn't work I found this in the c55pe.ini
file::

[paths]
brwcfg=C:\C55PE\BIN\C55BRW.INI

The install directory is C55 - the install program added PE to the directory
name.  The brw file could not be created.  I edited the ini so it says C55 and
all works fine now.

Alan Shaw

Quote:

> The problem may have been reported already in which case I missed the solution,
> but in the C5.5 Professional Edition I am unable to browse a data file from the
> Dictionary without getting an error. Is there a fix?

> CGG

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Repost: C5 Dictionary files cannot be browsed/changed etc in C5.5e

2. Error (513): Internal error 13 (try to browse a pervasive file from dct in C5)

3. C5.5PE : Browse database

4. C5.5 Dictionary Internal Error 13 Question

5. C5 dictionary file name (8.3?)

6. Global File In C5 Dictionary

7. Error brwosing files in Dictionary - error 13

8. Dictionary browse error

9. C5 - need to export browse contents to text file

10. Unable to Browse File in Data Dictionary

11. Database dictionary rebuild from *.dat file?

12. Why does Browse Database return error