Record Nav Buttons on Update Window
Author Message
 Record Nav Buttons on Update Window

using c5pe

I would like to put record navigation buttons (i.e. < Previous  Rec
Next Rec >) on an record update window so that I can jump from one
record to the next without going back to the browse.  I want it to work
like the Toolbar nav buttons that are part of the app wizard but I want
to put them on the update window.  I've experimented with code similar to:

If RecChanged
    Put(Record)
End
Next(Record)
Display

It works but seems to circumvent the underlying ABC code since it asks
if you want to Lose Changes when you close the window even if nothing
has been changed.

Does anyone know of a template for this or can someone tell me what
embeds I need to code so that it works with ABC and returns to the
browse with the new current record highlighted?
Thanks,
Brad Kunkel

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 02:11:17 GMT
 Record Nav Buttons on Update Window
Hi Brad: Sterling Data, I believe, has a template for that.

Try www.sterlingdata.com

HTH

Quote:
> using c5pe

> I would like to put record navigation buttons (i.e. < Previous  Rec
> Next Rec >) on an record update window so that I can jump from one
> record to the next without going back to the browse.  I want it to work
> like the Toolbar nav buttons that are part of the app wizard but I want
> to put them on the update window.  I've experimented with code similar to:

> If RecChanged
>     Put(Record)
> End
> Next(Record)
> Display

> It works but seems to circumvent the underlying ABC code since it asks
> if you want to Lose Changes when you close the window even if nothing
> has been changed.

> Does anyone know of a template for this or can someone tell me what
> embeds I need to code so that it works with ABC and returns to the
> browse with the new current record highlighted?
> Thanks,
> Brad Kunkel

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 02:39:21 GMT
 Record Nav Buttons on Update Window
Product Description - VCRFlash, MFG - Sterling Data
Internet Link - http://www.sterlingdata.com/vcrflash.htm

"Turns your Forms into "Browses"

How many times have users complained about having to go back to a browse
to get to the next record! Now you have a low cost solution!

No need to waste space on your toolbar with navigation buttons! Use your
toolbar for what users really like - intuitive shortcuts"

David

Quote:

--
From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software

Profile Exchanges - Home Theater, Search Engines, Newsgroup and Email
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 03:50:01 GMT
 Record Nav Buttons on Update Window

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Brad

Quote:

>Hi Brad: Sterling Data, I believe, has a template for that.

>Try www.sterlingdata.com

>HTH

>>using c5pe

>>I would like to put record navigation buttons (i.e. < Previous  Rec
>>Next Rec >) on an record update window so that I can jump from one
>>record to the next without going back to the browse.  I want it to work
>>like the Toolbar nav buttons that are part of the app wizard but I want
>>to put them on the update window.  I've experimented with code similar to:

>>If RecChanged
>>    Put(Record)
>>End
>>Next(Record)
>>Display

>>It works but seems to circumvent the underlying ABC code since it asks
>>if you want to Lose Changes when you close the window even if nothing
>>has been changed.

>>Does anyone know of a template for this or can someone tell me what
>>embeds I need to code so that it works with ABC and returns to the
>>browse with the new current record highlighted?
>>Thanks,
>>Brad Kunkel

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 05:39:29 GMT
 Record Nav Buttons on Update Window

Thanks, that looks like a good product.
Brad

Quote:
>Product Description - VCRFlash, MFG - Sterling Data
>Internet Link - http://www.sterlingdata.com/vcrflash.htm

>"Turns your Forms into "Browses"

>How many times have users complained about having to go back to a browse
>to get to the next record! Now you have a low cost solution!

>No need to waste space on your toolbar with navigation buttons! Use your
>toolbar for what users really like - intuitive shortcuts"

>David

>>using c5pe

>>I would like to put record navigation buttons (i.e. < Previous  Rec
>>Next Rec >) on an record update window so that I can jump from one
>>record to the next without going back to the browse.  I want it to work
>>like the Toolbar nav buttons that are part of the app wizard but I want
>>to put them on the update window.  I've experimented with code similar to:

>>If RecChanged
>>    Put(Record)
>>End
>>Next(Record)
>>Display

>>It works but seems to circumvent the underlying ABC code since it asks
>>if you want to Lose Changes when you close the window even if nothing
>>has been changed.

>>Does anyone know of a template for this or can someone tell me what
>>embeds I need to code so that it works with ABC and returns to the
>>browse with the new current record highlighted?
>>Thanks,
>>Brad Kunkel

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 06:46:22 GMT

1. NAV Enterprise security updates

2. NAV's flaky liive update

3. Closing window half way through OK button using ABC/Update Templates

4. VO-Help: Updating Single Line Edit on window from a button

5. C4a-ABC: Update Record from browse window.

6. Record Date and Time Record Updated

7. Update Buttons / PopupMenu Update

8. Having an Update window trigger is parent Browse to update

9. Extra button in MS Windows window decorations?

10. Button that changes record ?

11. changing record(after deleting CHANGE button)

12. Button, Button, who's got the Button?