Dynamically re-order tab on a form
Author Message
 Dynamically re-order tab on a form

Hi!

I have a form with three tab, say ?tab1, ?tab2, ?tab3.  Most of the time
when the form opens I would like them in that order; however, for some
circumstances I would like them to be ordered ?tab3, ?tab1, ?tab2 on the
form.

I have reviewed ClarionMag, ClarionFoundry other resources and newsgroups
and I cannot find how to do this.  I see references to the statement
?CurrentTab(Prop:ChoiceFEQ)=?xxx but I cannot get this statement to move the
tabs on this screen.

Is this able to be done?  Any suggestions on what I can try?

Thanks for  you help

Paul Jackson

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:39:26 GMT
 Dynamically re-order tab on a form
Sorry for this omission - I'm using C55G Legacy

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 00:09:48 GMT
 Dynamically re-order tab on a form
Paul

I don't know how to change the order of the Tabs but if you just want it to
default to opening on Tab3 under certain circumstances you could try the
following

  Select(?Tab3)

it should do the trick

Cheers

--
Ian Holdsworth
Senior Programmer / Assistant IT Manager

Direct Line:       +44 (0) 20 8880 8866
Switch Board:      +44 (0) 20 8880 8140
Fax:               +44 (0) 0870 134 0987

Web Site:          www.ram-ltd.co.uk

Quote:
> Hi!

> I have a form with three tab, say ?tab1, ?tab2, ?tab3.  Most of the time
> when the form opens I would like them in that order; however, for some
> circumstances I would like them to be ordered ?tab3, ?tab1, ?tab2 on the
> form.

> I have reviewed ClarionMag, ClarionFoundry other resources and newsgroups
> and I cannot find how to do this.  I see references to the statement
> ?CurrentTab(Prop:ChoiceFEQ)=?xxx but I cannot get this statement to move
the
> tabs on this screen.

> Is this able to be done?  Any suggestions on what I can try?

> Thanks for  you help

> Paul Jackson

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 00:15:35 GMT
 Dynamically re-order tab on a form
Hi Paul,

I've note tried this with tabs, but have you considered PROP:Follows?

Jeff Berlinghoff

Quote:
> Hi!

> I have a form with three tab, say ?tab1, ?tab2, ?tab3.  Most of the time
> when the form opens I would like them in that order; however, for some
> circumstances I would like them to be ordered ?tab3, ?tab1, ?tab2 on the
> form.

> I have reviewed ClarionMag, ClarionFoundry other resources and newsgroups
> and I cannot find how to do this.  I see references to the statement
> ?CurrentTab(Prop:ChoiceFEQ)=?xxx but I cannot get this statement to move
the
> tabs on this screen.

> Is this able to be done?  Any suggestions on what I can try?

> Thanks for  you help

> Paul Jackson

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 00:30:05 GMT
 Dynamically re-order tab on a form
Jeff:

I just tried PROP:Follows.  That seems to change the logical order of the
tabbing between fields, but does not change the physical order of the
placement of tabbed form pages as they are displayed on the screen.

Thanks for the suggestion - if anything else occurs to you please let me
know

Paul

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:17:34 GMT
 Dynamically re-order tab on a form
My guess is that you would have to dynamically create the sheet and tabs.

Quote:
> Jeff:

> I just tried PROP:Follows.  That seems to change the logical order of the
> tabbing between fields, but does not change the physical order of the
> placement of tabbed form pages as they are displayed on the screen.

> Thanks for the suggestion - if anything else occurs to you please let me
> know

> Paul

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:26:30 GMT
 Dynamically re-order tab on a form
Hi :Paul;

Are you ready for an adventure? What Jason said above, about dynamically
creating your controls, works very very well. I just got through doing an
app like this. It's way cool. The trouble you get into is that you are no
longer using the screen formatter to maintain your screen. What I did, was
to design the screen and save that off for use with the screen formatter,
then dynamically created my screens using the Window structure created by
the screen formatter as a guide. See CREATE in the help. You may can get
away with using a combination approach, ie, create the static part of your
screens with the formatter and dynamically creating controls for the
changable portions. You have to get used to FEQ's as numbers instead of
?equates, but that's not much of a stretch.

HTH

Greg

Quote:
> Jeff:

> I just tried PROP:Follows.  That seems to change the logical order of the
> tabbing between fields, but does not change the physical order of the
> placement of tabbed form pages as they are displayed on the screen.

> Thanks for the suggestion - if anything else occurs to you please let me
> know

> Paul

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:39:09 GMT
 Dynamically re-order tab on a form
Hi!

Thanks for the fast responses. It appears that this can be done but it will
be a lot more work than is justified for this project.  I  think that I will
try to figure out another strategy to accomplish the task.

Paul

Quote:
> Hi!

> I have a form with three tab, say ?tab1, ?tab2, ?tab3.  Most of the time
> when the form opens I would like them in that order; however, for some
> circumstances I would like them to be ordered ?tab3, ?tab1, ?tab2 on the
> form.

> I have reviewed ClarionMag, ClarionFoundry other resources and newsgroups
> and I cannot find how to do this.  I see references to the statement
> ?CurrentTab(Prop:ChoiceFEQ)=?xxx but I cannot get this statement to move
the
> tabs on this screen.

> Is this able to be done?  Any suggestions on what I can try?

> Thanks for  you help

> Paul Jackson

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:01:07 GMT
 Dynamically re-order tab on a form
Hi Paul, here's another thought (again, I've not tried this)

After opening the window, but before display (so that it doesn't flash), and
hopefully at that point you know you need to re-order, say ?tab1, ?tab2,
?tab3 into ?tab1, ?tab3, ?tab2 order.

Build a queue of the controls you need to move (in this case ?tab2 and all
it's contents)
and store FEQ (field equate, control number), CreateType (from PROP:Create),
ParentFEQ (from PROP:Parent), UseVar (prop:Use), coordinates (PROP:XPos,
PROP:YPos, width, height), enabled/disabled status, hidden status, maybe
even colors if you've messed with those.

Then delete all the controls on ?tab2.

Then create a new tab2, using the valid, but now destroyed field equate

CREATE(?tab2, CREATE:tab, ?Sheet1, ) ! will be added to the end of the sheet

Then loop through your queue, re-creating all the controls using their
existing equates. The cool thing here is that we're re-using the equates, so
the embed code should all be fine. Remember to setpostion on those controls,
set use, etc. but most important here is: remember to unhide if it wasn't
hidden (because CREATE creates controls hidden)

Then unhide ?tab2.

Hope that helps, or leads in a usefull direction

Jeff

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:36:04 GMT

1. Changing field order on form with multiple tabs

2. Field Order in Form w/Tabs

3. tab order inside tab

4. Oberon/F-dynamically linking forms to variables, how?

5. Dynamically creating forms

6. setting tabbing order

7. tab order in View Hierarchy

8. How to change the tab order