C5EEa - Record Not Available(33) when deleting a record
Author Message
 C5EEa - Record Not Available(33) when deleting a record

I have users reporting this error at a Beta site, however I can only
replicate it in one unusual way.

I insert a record in a parent file, using a standard ABC update form, I then
insert at least one record into a child file, again using a standard ABC
update form, which is then displayed in a list box on the original form. I
then close the application, answer no to the 'Do you wish to save?' the
parent record question, and it errors, saying if can't delete the child
record. The only way to exit at that point in Ctrl-Alt-Del. When you
re-enter the program I have a blank parent record, and a complete child
record still in place.

I can't believe the users are doing this, but there must be a flaw in my
logic somewhere. I have set the Relationship between the two files to be
cascade on both update and delete.

Looking up the error in the help tends to suggest that the application is
trying to delete child records, using a invalid value from the parent file,
but I don't know why.

Has anyone else had any experience of this error, can you suggest anything?

Any help would be much appreciated.

--

Neil Porter
Exante Limited

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 33 Record Not Available

2. Record not Available 33))

3. Insert error - Record not available (33)

4. Access Denied (5) / Record Not Available (33) problem

5. ERROR 33 Record not available

6. Record Not Available Errorcode 33

7. Deleting current record based on next record

8. Insert record if record not found?

9. sybtcl: not able to delete records?

10. Speed increase not using Reclaim Deleted Records

11. Delete key on keyboard deleting records

12. Shawn Bullock's HLA v1.33 Installer Now Available