Clarification of Queue Operation / Behavior when using multiple Queues
Author Message
 Clarification of Queue Operation / Behavior when using multiple Queues

Sorry to bother you all with this but I obviously do not understand the
proper use of Queues

Say I have 2 queues and preform sort on each

Sort(Queue1,Queue1:Field3)
Queue1:Field3 = 'Desired Value a'
Get(Queue1,Queue1:Field3)
! Get completes with not errors

Sort(Queue2,Queue2:Field2)
Queue2:Field2 = 'Desired Value b'
Get(Queue2,Queue2:Field2)
! Get completes with not errors

For some reason it seems that the second Get() trashes the integrity of the
first queue and it's sort index ... In other words it seems as if Clarion
will not allow me to maintain the simultainous integrity of multiple queues.

I basically have multiple Queues providing referancing indexes for a single
master queue of data and I can't seem to get it to work without copying the
Queue Groups to a non-queue variable group -- not very clean or readable!

Version:    CW5.5D
OS:            WIN98FE

Would someone please help me to do the "V8 thing" to my head?

Thanks in advance!

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:12:08 GMT

1. Howto wait for multiple queues (Queue.py)?

2. CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)

3. How to make a queue of queue's

4. Queue in Queue?!

5. Queue of Queues problem.

6. QUEUE in QUEUE

7. QUEUE inside GROUP/QUEUE

8. Queue.Queue examples?

9. Bug in timeout behavior of wait for queue element

10. Bug in timeout behavior of wait for queue element

11. FILO queue behavior in sockets

12. Report multiple files/queues?