APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error
Author Message
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error

HELP, PLEASE!

Something happend to my APP. I was working, closed it, but when I tried
to open it I received a message that my app wasn't saved properly so I
should choose Recover or Last saved. No matter what I choose, I get
"Unknown Error: 11 Parameter typing error. Should I GPF?"

IF I choose to GPF, GPF happens and I can run Clarion 5we again but
same story. If I don't choose to GPF Clarion falls out and it's
impossible to run it again except after machine reboot - reports GPF
immidiately. I'm using CW5 Web Edit.

Can anyone help me, I need this app, working on it for 2 months, no
backup (I know, it's my fault I'm stupid) for one month. Help me
recover the app. DCT loads ok.

Depending on you guys. I can't possibly write same app again.

Desperate

Bostjan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error
1) Can you dump the app as a txa file?
Under FILE on your application developer screen there is an option called
EXPORT TEXT.   export your app.   Then open a new application (a blank one)
and IMPORT TEXT.
    Sometimes the .app file gets internally scrambled and this can knock it
free.

2).    Also, look around for a file with the extention  .bpp    this is a
back up file (dating from the last successful save I believe.  it is a
fully functional .app file just with a different extension name.  If you
find a .bpp, copy it to a fresh directory and rename it with the .app
extension.  If the gods are smiling, it will open and you'll be in good
shape.
            Lots of luck and get yourself squared away with some mechanism
to backup you apps.  I roasted a hard-drive once and spent a week cursing
my own stupdity while rebuilding a slew of small time-saving application of
my own that I had nothing left of but memories (fortunately, the big stuff
was already backed to thte server).   First thing I built was a tool to
copy .app and .dct files to the server with the push of a button.

Quote:

> HELP, PLEASE!

> Something happend to my APP. I was working, closed it, but when I tried
> to open it I received a message that my app wasn't saved properly so I
> should choose Recover or Last saved. No matter what I choose, I get
> "Unknown Error: 11 Parameter typing error. Should I GPF?"

> IF I choose to GPF, GPF happens and I can run Clarion 5we again but
> same story. If I don't choose to GPF Clarion falls out and it's
> impossible to run it again except after machine reboot - reports GPF
> immidiately. I'm using CW5 Web Edit.

> Can anyone help me, I need this app, working on it for 2 months, no
> backup (I know, it's my fault I'm stupid) for one month. Help me
> recover the app. DCT loads ok.

> Depending on you guys. I can't possibly write same app again.

> Desperate

> Bostjan

Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
Department of Environmental Conservation

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error
Quote:

> Help me recover the app. DCT loads ok.

The only thing I can suggest is to create a new app using your dct,
then try to do "Import from Application" (on the File menu) to copy
over one procedure at a time until (a) you hit a procedure that causes
a GPF or (b) you get all the procedures copied over. Make SURE you SAVE
this app (use the blue diskette button on the toolbar) after you
successfully import EACH procedure. You might be able to save a
substantial amount of your work this way.

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) in Win98
CPD 2.1 / CDD 3.x / C5EE&IC
CPCS CCS CLACom WinEvent CWA
JANUS/Ada 83 95 CLAW
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS...."

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error
Yes, very depressing, had this happen on a small app last month that I was
in the midst of writing a lot of report routines.  I had a back up on a CD
and (murphy's law of course) this was the one cd that had bad copy.
My fault in that I had InBack.  Now I use it every time I make any changes.
Nice thing about InBack is that I keep 20 at a time, something is bound to
work <g>

Don Harvey
www.moark.com

Quote:
> 1) Can you dump the app as a txa file?
> Under FILE on your application developer screen there is an option called
> EXPORT TEXT.   export your app.   Then open a new application (a blank
one)
> and IMPORT TEXT.
>     Sometimes the .app file gets internally scrambled and this can knock
it
> free.

> 2).    Also, look around for a file with the extention  .bpp    this is a
> back up file (dating from the last successful save I believe.  it is a
> fully functional .app file just with a different extension name.  If you
> find a .bpp, copy it to a fresh directory and rename it with the .app
> extension.  If the gods are smiling, it will open and you'll be in good
> shape.
>             Lots of luck and get yourself squared away with some mechanism
> to backup you apps.  I roasted a hard-drive once and spent a week cursing
> my own stupdity while rebuilding a slew of small time-saving application
of
> my own that I had nothing left of but memories (fortunately, the big stuff
> was already backed to thte server).   First thing I built was a tool to
> copy .app and .dct files to the server with the push of a button.

> > HELP, PLEASE!

> > Something happend to my APP. I was working, closed it, but when I tried
> > to open it I received a message that my app wasn't saved properly so I
> > should choose Recover or Last saved. No matter what I choose, I get
> > "Unknown Error: 11 Parameter typing error. Should I GPF?"

> > IF I choose to GPF, GPF happens and I can run Clarion 5we again but
> > same story. If I don't choose to GPF Clarion falls out and it's
> > impossible to run it again except after machine reboot - reports GPF
> > immidiately. I'm using CW5 Web Edit.

> > Can anyone help me, I need this app, working on it for 2 months, no
> > backup (I know, it's my fault I'm stupid) for one month. Help me
> > recover the app. DCT loads ok.

> > Depending on you guys. I can't possibly write same app again.

> > Desperate

> > Bostjan

> --
> Tim Phillips
> Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
> Department of Environmental Conservation

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error

Quote:

> Now I use it every time I make any changes.
> Nice thing about InBack is that I keep 20 at a time, something is bound to
> work <g>

Do you have to get out of CW (or out of the APP) each time you save
something with inback?
---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error
Mark,

I don't know, never tried it while in CW.  InBack lets you build a project
listing all the files you want backed up for that project and where you want
it put.

So, for one project, I picked all the app's and dct's and send it to a
another computer on the network.  InBack defaults to 20 separate backups
which is IMO is more than enough.

So, now before I add or change anything, I click on InBack and the
particular project in which the app is located and create a new backup.
Very fast.

If something goes wrong, I can go back to 20 previous back up sessions.

It is really super.

Don Harvey
www.moark.com

Quote:

> > Now I use it every time I make any changes.
> > Nice thing about InBack is that I keep 20 at a time, something is bound
> > work <g>

> Do you have to get out of CW (or out of the APP) each time you save
> something with inback?
> ---
> Mark Riffey
> Granite Bear Development
> http://www.granitebear.com

> Software for professional photography studios
> and non-profit organizations

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error
I agree.  Inback has saved me more than once.  Like you I use it each
time before I make a change.  If things don't work out instead of trying
to back out my changes I just fire up Inback and go back to where I was
before I started.  While I haven't had this problem with C5 in CW2003
some changes were impossible to back out of.  Even after removing
everything I had added it seems like a ghost of something would still be
lurking in the app file.

Gary

Quote:

> Mark,

> I don't know, never tried it while in CW.  InBack lets you build a project
> listing all the files you want backed up for that project and where you want
> it put.

> So, for one project, I picked all the app's and dct's and send it to a
> another computer on the network.  InBack defaults to 20 separate backups
> which is IMO is more than enough.

> So, now before I add or change anything, I click on InBack and the
> particular project in which the app is located and create a new backup.
> Very fast.

> If something goes wrong, I can go back to 20 previous back up sessions.

> It is really super.

> Don Harvey
> www.moark.com

> > > Now I use it every time I make any changes.
> > > Nice thing about InBack is that I keep 20 at a time, something is bound
> > > work <g>

> > Do you have to get out of CW (or out of the APP) each time you save
> > something with inback?
> > ---
> > Mark Riffey
> > Granite Bear Development
> > http://www.granitebear.com

> > Software for professional photography studios
> > and non-profit organizations

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error
Before I got Inback a couple of times I was able to recover by renaming
the app file and then renaming the MYAPP.BPP file to MYAPP.APP.  Didn't
always work but did a couple of times.

Gary

Quote:

> HELP, PLEASE!

> Something happend to my APP. I was working, closed it, but when I tried
> to open it I received a message that my app wasn't saved properly so I
> should choose Recover or Last saved. No matter what I choose, I get
> "Unknown Error: 11 Parameter typing error. Should I GPF?"

> IF I choose to GPF, GPF happens and I can run Clarion 5we again but
> same story. If I don't choose to GPF Clarion falls out and it's
> impossible to run it again except after machine reboot - reports GPF
> immidiately. I'm using CW5 Web Edit.

> Can anyone help me, I need this app, working on it for 2 months, no
> backup (I know, it's my fault I'm stupid) for one month. Help me
> recover the app. DCT loads ok.

> Depending on you guys. I can't possibly write same app again.

> Desperate

> Bostjan

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error

Quote:

> I don't know, never tried it while in CW.  InBack lets you build a project
> listing all the files you want backed up for that project and where you want
> it put.

I dont doubt that it works, Ive seen too many positive comments about it to
think otherwise. The site just doesnt tell HOW it works in actual use, thus my
question.

If I have to close the .app to backup x times a day, thats painful. In NT, I
go DAYS at times without closing the IDE. I rarely leave the .app open all day
(and never without hitting the save button several times a day), but actually
getting completely out of an app multiple times a day I dont do unless Im
hopping around to other apps.

So is Inback somehow integrated into CW or is it simpler than that?
---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error
.app .ap~ and .bpp all report the same error. The trouble is
(concerning txa things) I can't even OPEN the damn APP (or .bpp
or .ap~) file. So there's no way of import/export.

Quote:
> 1) Can you dump the app as a txa file?
> Under FILE on your application developer screen there is an option
called
> EXPORT TEXT.   export your app.   Then open a new application (a
blank one)
> and IMPORT TEXT.
>     Sometimes the .app file gets internally scrambled and this can
knock it
> free.

> 2).    Also, look around for a file with the extention  .bpp    this
is a
> back up file (dating from the last successful save I believe.  it is a
> fully functional .app file just with a different extension name.  If
you
> find a .bpp, copy it to a fresh directory and rename it with the .app
> extension.  If the gods are smiling, it will open and you'll be in
good
> shape.
>             Lots of luck and get yourself squared away with some
mechanism
> to backup you apps.  I roasted a hard-drive once and spent a week
cursing
> my own stupdity while rebuilding a slew of small time-saving
application of
> my own that I had nothing left of but memories (fortunately, the big
stuff
> was already backed to thte server).   First thing I built was a tool
> copy .app and .dct files to the server with the push of a button.

> > HELP, PLEASE!

> > Something happend to my APP. I was working, closed it, but when I
tried
> > to open it I received a message that my app wasn't saved properly
so I
> > should choose Recover or Last saved. No matter what I choose, I get
> > "Unknown Error: 11 Parameter typing error. Should I GPF?"

> > IF I choose to GPF, GPF happens and I can run Clarion 5we again but
> > same story. If I don't choose to GPF Clarion falls out and it's
> > impossible to run it again except after machine reboot - reports GPF
> > immidiately. I'm using CW5 Web Edit.

> > Can anyone help me, I need this app, working on it for 2 months, no
> > backup (I know, it's my fault I'm stupid) for one month. Help me
> > recover the app. DCT loads ok.

> > Depending on you guys. I can't possibly write same app again.

> > Desperate

> > Bostjan

> --
> Tim Phillips
> Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
> Department of Environmental Conservation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error
No go, after choosing Import... I get that same GPF.

Quote:

> > Help me recover the app. DCT loads ok.

> The only thing I can suggest is to create a new app using your dct,
> then try to do "Import from Application" (on the File menu) to copy
> over one procedure at a time until (a) you hit a procedure that
causes
> a GPF or (b) you get all the procedures copied over. Make SURE you
SAVE
> this app (use the blue diskette button on the toolbar) after you
> successfully import EACH procedure. You might be able to save a
> substantial amount of your work this way.

> -- Craig (The Data Ferret)
> Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) in Win98
> CPD 2.1 / CDD 3.x / C5EE&IC
> CPCS CCS CLACom WinEvent CWA
> JANUS/Ada 83 95 CLAW
> "Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS...."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error
No go, app, bpp and ap~ all make same error.

Bostjan

Quote:
> Before I got Inback a couple of times I was able to recover by
renaming
> the app file and then renaming the MYAPP.BPP file to MYAPP.APP.
Didn't
> always work but did a couple of times.

> Gary

> > HELP, PLEASE!

> > Something happend to my APP. I was working, closed it, but when I
tried
> > to open it I received a message that my app wasn't saved properly
so I
> > should choose Recover or Last saved. No matter what I choose, I get
> > "Unknown Error: 11 Parameter typing error. Should I GPF?"

> > IF I choose to GPF, GPF happens and I can run Clarion 5we again but
> > same story. If I don't choose to GPF Clarion falls out and it's
> > impossible to run it again except after machine reboot - reports GPF
> > immidiately. I'm using CW5 Web Edit.

> > Can anyone help me, I need this app, working on it for 2 months, no
> > backup (I know, it's my fault I'm stupid) for one month. Help me
> > recover the app. DCT loads ok.

> > Depending on you guys. I can't possibly write same app again.

> > Desperate

> > Bostjan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unknown Error Posted:6:Parameter Typing Error

2. Unknown Error Posted: 10: Parameter typing error

3. Unknown error: 6: Parameter typing error?

4. CW2.0 error 10: Parameter typing error

5. Type 11 Error, on Dragging Items From ToolBar to Window

6. ole automation error parameter 1 type mismatch

7. Parameter Typing Error

8. Runtime Error opening an APP

9. Error Opening APP

10. CfD Startup unable to open Clarion.app error

11. Error opening app in CDD 3.009

12. 5.2e app giving DOS error 4:Too many open files