Looking for Clarion built RTF editor (not richX)
Author Message
 Looking for Clarion built RTF editor (not richX)

Hello,

I am trying to track down an .rtf editor that doesn't
rely on .ocx  - I heard there was a developer in
Europe somewhere that has such an animal... can anyone
point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.*-*-*.com/ - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Clarion built RTF editor (not richX)
Hi Adam,

Quote:

>I am trying to track down an .rtf editor that doesn't
>rely on .ocx  - I heard there was a developer in
>Europe somewhere that has such an animal... can anyone
>point me in the right direction?

RTF support is built into Win95 and later as a dll.  The locus
templates support this in 32bit (only) compiles.  You can get to them
at http://home5.inet.tele.dk/gandalf/

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Clarion built RTF editor (not richX)
Hi!!

Two drawbacks :

1 -  RICHED20.DLL is not redistributable. If your user does not have this
library you must use only RICHED32.DLL features. RICHED32.DLL is present on
any Windows distribution from 3.11 to 98.

2. RICHDE20.DLL does not include full justification, which is truly
important for some users.

Except for this two points, the Locus templates are real good at managing
the RTF code. It is the best set of templates i ever used.

Best Regards,
--
JUAN MANUEL MEDINA JIMENEZ
Programador Analista - Programming Analyst

Arnor Baldvinsson escribi en mensaje

Quote:
>Hi Adam,

>>I am trying to track down an .rtf editor that doesn't
>>rely on .ocx  - I heard there was a developer in
>>Europe somewhere that has such an animal... can anyone
>>point me in the right direction?

>RTF support is built into Win95 and later as a dll.  The locus
>templates support this in 32bit (only) compiles.  You can get to them
>at http://home5.inet.tele.dk/gandalf/

>Best regards,

>Arnor Baldvinsson
>[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
>Allerup Edb
>Denmark

>Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
>http://www.icetips.com
>UIN nr.: 2428601

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Clarion built RTF editor (not richX)
Hi Juan,

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:23:09 -0500, "Juan Manuel Medina Jimnez"

Quote:

>1 -  RICHED20.DLL is not redistributable. If your user does not have this
>library you must use only RICHED32.DLL features. RICHED32.DLL is present on
>any Windows distribution from 3.11 to 98.

>2. RICHDE20.DLL does not include full justification, which is truly
>important for some users.

>Except for this two points, the Locus templates are real good at managing
>the RTF code. It is the best set of templates i ever used.

Wasn't aware there were more than one dll...  Thanks for letting us
know:9

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Richx in Clarion 4.0

2. Using Richx and Mail Merge in Clarion 4.0

3. RichX OCX and Clarion??

4. RichX will not compile in C5 abc

5. labview 6.0 building application does not work and looking for Compile DLL stub.vi

6. Please help. GPFs with Locus RTF Editor

7. Anyone heard of Lucas .RTF Editor Template?

8. Memo editor + RTF

9. RTF editor in Python

10. hypertext and rtf editor

11. Wanted RTF Editors and Business Calendar components

12. Windows XP and Clarion RTF control (type anything and program exits)