LEFT AND RIGHT ARROWS TO CHANGE SORT ORDER
Author Message
 LEFT AND RIGHT ARROWS TO CHANGE SORT ORDER

I have a browse table with 4 indexes (tabs).
Instead of clicking the mouse on the tabs I need to do it with the left and
right arrows on the keyboard.
Do you know how to do it ?

same in spanish:
tengo una tabla browse con 4 lenguetas para cambiar el orden del archivo.
cuando clickeo en los tabs cambia el orden.
quiero poder cambiar el orden con las flechas del teclado izq y derecha.
alguien sabe como hacerlo ?.

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 LEFT AND RIGHT ARROWS TO CHANGE SORT ORDER
Alfredo,
   Alias(RightKey,CtrlTab)
   Alias(LeftKey,ShiftCtrlTab)

HTH

Bill Rollins

Quote:

> I have a browse table with 4 indexes (tabs).
> Instead of clicking the mouse on the tabs I need to do it with the left
and
> right arrows on the keyboard.
> Do you know how to do it ?

> same in spanish:
> tengo una tabla browse con 4 lenguetas para cambiar el orden del archivo.
> cuando clickeo en los tabs cambia el orden.
> quiero poder cambiar el orden con las flechas del teclado izq y derecha.
> alguien sabe como hacerlo ?.

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 LEFT AND RIGHT ARROWS TO CHANGE SORT ORDER
Hi Alfredo,

I did something similar so try the following.

Define a local variable called CurrentSort (or something else) as a byte.
Set the initial value to 1.
On the browse actions, conditional behavior, instead of having
"CHOICE(?CurrentTab) = " put in "CurrentSort=1" and then the first index.
The "CurrentSort=2" and the 2nd index etc.

On the browse define left and right keys as alert keys. In the alertkey
embed for the browse enter:

IF keycode()=LeftKey AND CurrentSort > 1
  CurrentSort = CurrentSort - 1
  BRW1.Reset(True)
  CYCLE
ELSIF keycode()=RightKey AND CurrentSort < 4 !Or whatever your max is
  CurrentSort = CurrentSort + 1
  BRW1.Reset(True)
  CYCLE
END

Quote:
> I have a browse table with 4 indexes (tabs).
> Instead of clicking the mouse on the tabs I need to do it with the left
and
> right arrows on the keyboard.
> Do you know how to do it ?

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 LEFT AND RIGHT ARROWS TO CHANGE SORT ORDER

Hi Andrew
In this case I'll be using:
   Alias(RightKey,CtrlTab)
   Alias(LeftKey,CtrlShiftTab)
it works fine:
but I'll be using your example for some other needs.
thanks for your answer
Alfredo.

  Hi Alfredo,

  I did something similar so try the following.

  Define a local variable called CurrentSort (or something else) as a byte.
  Set the initial value to 1.
  On the browse actions, conditional behavior, instead of having
  "CHOICE(?CurrentTab) = " put in "CurrentSort=1" and then the first index.
  The "CurrentSort=2" and the 2nd index etc.

  On the browse define left and right keys as alert keys. In the alertkey
  embed for the browse enter:

  IF keycode()=LeftKey AND CurrentSort > 1
    CurrentSort = CurrentSort - 1
    BRW1.Reset(True)
    CYCLE
  ELSIF keycode()=RightKey AND CurrentSort < 4 !Or whatever your max is
    CurrentSort = CurrentSort + 1
    BRW1.Reset(True)
    CYCLE
  END

  > I have a browse table with 4 indexes (tabs).
  > Instead of clicking the mouse on the tabs I need to do it with the left
  and
  > right arrows on the keyboard.
  > Do you know how to do it ?

Sun, 18 May 2003 14:28:21 GMT
 LEFT AND RIGHT ARROWS TO CHANGE SORT ORDER

really thank you for your help. I have allready done it and it works fine.

   Alias(RightKey,CtrlTab)
   Alias(LeftKey,ShiftCtrlTab)
     should be      CtrlShiftTab

  Alfredo,
     Alias(RightKey,CtrlTab)
     Alias(LeftKey,ShiftCtrlTab)

  HTH

  Bill Rollins

  > I have a browse table with 4 indexes (tabs).
  > Instead of clicking the mouse on the tabs I need to do it with the left
  and
  > right arrows on the keyboard.
  > Do you know how to do it ?
  >
  > same in spanish:
  > tengo una tabla browse con 4 lenguetas para cambiar el orden del
archivo.
  > cuando clickeo en los tabs cambia el orden.
  > quiero poder cambiar el orden con las flechas del teclado izq y derecha.
  > alguien sabe como hacerlo ?.

Sun, 18 May 2003 14:31:18 GMT

1. Right, left, Right.

2. Keep selected record after changing sort order

3. Changing collating sequence (sorting order)

4. Change sort order in a report

5. Right to left question

6. Right to left cursor utility

7. Hebrew and Right-to-Left

8. left mouse button = right mouse button

9. How to make a check right before leaving a program

10. Relational Trees - ? Scroll Left to Right

11. bold, italic, underline and right & left alignment

12. Hove to shift page numbers from left to right side depending on even uneven pagenumber