Slow network performance after logging in of 2e workstation
Author Message
 Slow network performance after logging in of 2e workstation

Hi,

If I use Win 2000 of XP as server for a peer to peer network I notice
a serious decrement of performance as soon as another (second) workstation
logs into the same app.
No special operation is needed on this second workstation  to cause
the decrement of speed. Just logging into the same app is enough.
This seems not a problem with Win 98 based systems.

Anyone seen the same behaviour ?

Nick

Sun, 15 May 2005 00:34:26 GMT
 Slow network performance after logging in of 2e workstation

Quote:
>If I use Win 2000 of XP as server for a peer to peer network I notice
>a serious decrement of performance as soon as another (second) workstation
>logs into the same app.
>No special operation is needed on this second workstation  to cause
>the decrement of speed. Just logging into the same app is enough.
>This seems not a problem with Win 98 based systems.

>Anyone seen the same behaviour ?

Yup, turning off oplocks helps.

Microsoft KB Q296264
Configuring Opportunistic Locking in Windows 2000

Jason

Tue, 17 May 2005 22:57:33 GMT

1. Slow Performance on Certain Network Configuration

2. Slow network performance

3. Slow performance since network change

4. Performance when working directory is slow network drive

5. C5.2e + CLD.LIB on WinNT workstation

6. DOS Error 55 using 5.2e/exospace/Win95 workstations/NT 4.0 server

7. Clipper 5.2e Locking up NT Workstation (Help wanted)

8. DOS workstation attaching to NT 4.0 server running clipper 5.2e

9. NT Server Slow, NT Workstation Fast

10. Slow Running on NT workstations but OK on Win98 using Advantage

11. Setting Clocks on Workstation with Network

12. Can't access NT network printer from XP workstation