Does Clarion meet my needs? (Requirements listed)
Author Message
 Does Clarion meet my needs? (Requirements listed)

My developers need an application development tool that has certain
capabilities
and I would like to consider Clarion.

Thank in advance for your thoughts.  In addition to posting here, if you
would CC: me

Background: We have:
   -an all-TCP/IP network with Oracle running on multiple SCO-Unix based
database servers.
   -an NT box running Oracle and the Oracle Webserver.
   -SQL/Net running between all copies of Oracle.
   -about 250 internal users with windows PCs.
   -hundreds of customers who need access to our Oracle data.

1. What is the best way for our remote customers to access our Oracle
data:
     - Use the internet to connect to a local application server
(Winframe?) running a Clarion application?
     - Other suggested solution?

2. Can Clarion be used in any way to develop web applictions?

3. Can a Clarion application easy pass DDL statements to Oracle such as
CREATE TABLE, DROP TABLE,
     or CREATE VIEW?

4. Can Clarion produce diagrams of the data structures within its
applications such as an
     Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD?).

5. Can a developer creatre a Clarion application which provides
point-and-click help in creating ad-hoc
    SQL-based reports to be run against back-end Oracle databases and is
to be used by non-technical
    users?

Thank you for your assistance helping me to learn about your product,

Leon Roomberg
Director of Network and Database Development
Marketing Communication Systems, Inc.
Office: 1-215-675-2000x299

Thu, 24 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Does Clarion meet my needs? (Requirements listed)

Mr. Roomberg,

I have forwarded your questions to our office in Pompano Beach, FL for
consideration.  While I know we have plans in the area you are asking
about, I do not have sufficient data to do justice to your questions and I
also wanted to let you know that someone has recieved your questions too.
--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Corporation

[Using MS Newserver]

Quote:

> My developers need an application development tool that has certain
> capabilities
> and I would like to consider Clarion.

> Thank in advance for your thoughts.  In addition to posting here, if you
> would CC: me

><SNIPPED>

Thu, 24 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for OS to meet general requirements, need advice

2. Looking for OS to meet general requirements, need advice

3. Looking for OS to meet general requirements, need advice

4. Clarion MDI dlls called from VB - well done clarion

5. Can Smalltalk meet these requirements?

6. Meeting on UK Fortran requirements

7. Clarion Batch Requirement

8. Converting Clarion 4 to Clarion 5 - List Box Arrays

9. List of Clarion Tool Developers and Clarion Web Pages

10. HowTo Join/Leave Clarion lists - Clarion Internet Mini FAQ

11. Clarion Newsgroup (comp.lang.clarion) & mailing list

12. VR Proposals, VR Requirements Spec (examples needed)