Windows 2K vs Windows NT
Author Message
 Windows 2K vs Windows NT

Hello to all gurus :-)
I have a problem with Windows NT (and the customer can not upgrade)

Windows 2K/XP has an extended window style named WS_EX_NOACTIVATE that
makes the top level window recieve mouse klick without getting focus.
That means NO WM_ACTIVATE, WM_ACTIVATEAPP, WM_KILLFOCUS etc. Messages
will be produced as a result of the mouse click in such a window. This
works fine in Win2K but not in NT.  The closest I get is to use the
handle for WM_MOUSEACTIVATE and return MA_NOACTIVATE.  The result is
that my app dont gets the focus but recievs the mouse click (as
expected), but the app that was active loose its focus and reseives a
WM_KILLFOCUS.  I'v tryed div. hooks but no luck.  Maybee I'm hooking
wrong :-)

Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
www.langaard.no

ICQ: 72785878
Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
------------------------------
WEB:   www.langaard.no

ICQ:   72785878

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:31:56 GMT
 Windows 2K vs Windows NT
:-)
Does NO answers on this thread mean NO SOLUTION?

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:09:40 +0200, Ole-Morten Heien

Quote:

>Hello to all gurus :-)
>I have a problem with Windows NT (and the customer can not upgrade)

>Windows 2K/XP has an extended window style named WS_EX_NOACTIVATE that
>makes the top level window recieve mouse klick without getting focus.
>That means NO WM_ACTIVATE, WM_ACTIVATEAPP, WM_KILLFOCUS etc. Messages
>will be produced as a result of the mouse click in such a window. This
>works fine in Win2K but not in NT.  The closest I get is to use the
>handle for WM_MOUSEACTIVATE and return MA_NOACTIVATE.  The result is
>that my app dont gets the focus but recievs the mouse click (as
>expected), but the app that was active loose its focus and reseives a
>WM_KILLFOCUS.  I'v tryed div. hooks but no luck.  Maybee I'm hooking
>wrong :-)

>Ole-Morten Heien
>Langaard Software
>www.langaard.no

>ICQ: 72785878
>Ole-Morten Heien
>Langaard Software
>------------------------------
>WEB:   www.langaard.no

>ICQ:   72785878

Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
------------------------------
WEB:   www.langaard.no

ICQ:   72785878

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:38:05 GMT

1. VO vs DELPHI vs FOXPRO(Windows) vs DBASE(Windows)

2. Load balancing on Windows NT/2K

3. Killing a process under Windows NT/2K

4. How to compile GNU Prolog on Windows NT/2K/XP

5. ANNOUNCE: Helga - ODBC,CGI,Tcl,Windows NT,Windows 95,MS Windows

6. Compilers Windows NT or Cross Compiler SunSolaris2.5/Windows NT Fortran77

7. Performance considerations - Clarion 5 vs Windows NT

8. Clarion vs Windows NT

9. Forth vs Windows NT

10. Novell vs Windows NT

11. Windows 95 VS NT 4.0 API Call Results

12. Statistics for OS/2 vs Windows NT