Inserting new value from file drop-down combo box
Author Message
 Inserting new value from file drop-down combo box

In CW 2, when you typed a new value in the file drop down combo box, it
would ask you if you want to add the new value (if you had that option
selected). If you said yes, the update window would automatically come up.

In CW 4, same thing but the update window does not come up. The new value
is just added.

Is there an easy way to make the update window come up?

Thanks in advance

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Inserting new value from file drop-down combo box
Hello,
I have experienced this same behavior myself and my solution although it may
not be the best one is the following:

Set up the drop combo as usual.  Then press the embeds button for the drop
combo and create an embed under the Accepted event for Control Value
Validation.  There should be a template for Control Value Validation and for
normal use it works fine.  This will then work much like any other field
when you try to leave the field with a value that does not validate with the
file it will force the validate browse window to open where you can insert
another or change an existing record.  Hope this helps and reply if you need
more help.

Rob Keathley

Quote:

>In CW 2, when you typed a new value in the file drop down combo box, it
>would ask you if you want to add the new value (if you had that option
>selected). If you said yes, the update window would automatically come up.

>In CW 4, same thing but the update window does not come up. The new value
>is just added.

>Is there an easy way to make the update window come up?

>Thanks in advance

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Inserting new value from file drop-down combo box
Thanks Rob. That's just what I needed.

Quote:
> Hello,
> I have experienced this same behavior myself and my solution although it
may
> not be the best one is the following:

> Set up the drop combo as usual.  Then press the embeds button for the
drop
> combo and create an embed under the Accepted event for Control Value
> Validation.  There should be a template for Control Value Validation and
for
> normal use it works fine.  This will then work much like any other field
> when you try to leave the field with a value that does not validate with
the
> file it will force the validate browse window to open where you can
insert
> another or change an existing record.  Hope this helps and reply if you
need
> more help.

> Rob Keathley

> >In CW 2, when you typed a new value in the file drop down combo box, it
> >would ask you if you want to add the new value (if you had that option
> >selected). If you said yes, the update window would automatically come
up.

> >In CW 4, same thing but the update window does not come up. The new
value
> >is just added.

> >Is there an easy way to make the update window come up?

> >Thanks in advance

Wed, 28 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Inserting new value from file drop-down combo box
You are very welcome. :)  Glad I could help.

Rob Keathley

Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. File Drop Down Combo Box

2. Help with file drop combo box new entries

3. Drop Down Combo Box Issue?

4. How to refresh filter in drop down combo box

5. Drop Down Combo boxes cause crashes

6. Drop Down Combo Box Removing Duplicate Entries

7. Drop Down Combo Box - Urgent

8. Drop down combo boxes in ver4

9. Help With Problem On Drop Down Combo Box

10. Drop Down Combo Box

11. Drop Down Combo Boxes

12. Drop Down Combo Boxes