Record Not Available Errorcode 33
Author Message
 Record Not Available Errorcode 33

I have a process template that takes a DOS file and updates a Clarion file.
The DOS file comes from a Unix box processing payroll for us each week,
so most of the records will match each week.

I have a two part key on SSN and Store Number both parts get primed on the
activity for each record before the GET. I am using the Message function to
check the data each time arround and everything seemes to be working as far as
getting the correct Clarion record. But the PUT is returning a errorcode 33.

What would cause this? Below I have posted the code:

TDC:SSN = PAY:SSN
TDC:StoreNum = PAY:StoreNum
GET(tdcfile,TDC:SSNKEY)
     IF PAY:SSN = TDC:SSN AND PAY:StoreNum = TDC:StoreNum then
    !TDC:StoreNum = PAY:StoreNum
    !TDC:SSN = PAY:SSN
    TDC:DOB = PAY:DOB
    TDC:LName = PAY:LName
    TDC:FName = PAY:FName
    TDC:TermDate = PAY:TermDate
    TDC:Cancer1 = PAY:Cancer1
    TDC:Hosp = PAY:Hosp
    TDC:Cancer2 = PAY:Cancer2
    TDC:Life = PAY:Life
    TDC:Accd = PAY:Accd
    TDC:Plife = PAY:Plife
    TDC:Dental = PAY:Dental
    TDC:TotalIns = PAY:TotallIns
    TDC:HireDate = PAY:HireDate
    TDC:AvgHrs = PAY:AvgHrs
    TDC:RegYTD = PAY:RegYTD
    TDC:PayPeriods = PAY:PayPeriods

    Message('The TDC:SSN is:',TDC:SSN)
    Message('And Store:',TDC:StoreNum)
    Message('And TDC Last Name is: ',TDC:LName)
    Message('The PAY:SSN is:',PAY:SSN)
    Message('And Store:',PAY:StoreNum)
    Message('And PAY Last Name is:',PAY:LName)

       PUT(tdcfile)
        IF Errorcode() then stop (error()).
   !******AT THIS POINT I RECEIVE AN ERRORCODE 33 RECORD NOT AVAILABLE******
   !******IN THE MESSAGES ALL THE DATA SEEMS TO BE CORRECT********

        PutCounter += 1
! Used a counters to see if the IF was working. It seems to be working this
! counter is far higher than the adds if the error checking is commented out
! but I'm getting double records in the datafile so the PUT seems to be ADDing
! when error checking is commented out.

      ELSE
        TDC:StoreNum = PAY:StoreNum
        TDC:SSN = PAY:SSN
        TDC:DOB = PAY:DOB
        TDC:LName = PAY:LName
        TDC:FName = PAY:FName
        TDC:TermDate = PAY:TermDate
        TDC:Cancer1 = PAY:Cancer1
        TDC:Hosp = PAY:Hosp
        TDC:Cancer2 = PAY:Cancer2
        TDC:Life = PAY:Life
        TDC:Accd = PAY:Accd
        TDC:Plife = PAY:Plife
        TDC:Dental = PAY:Dental
        TDC:TotalIns = PAY:TotallIns
        TDC:HireDate = PAY:HireDate
        TDC:AvgHrs = PAY:AvgHrs
        TDC:RegYTD = PAY:RegYTD
        TDC:PayPeriods = PAY:PayPeriods

            ADD(TDCFILE)
            IF Errorcode() then stop (error()).
            UpdCount += 1
    .!EndIF

Carter B. Bennett

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~lhcs
Using Netscape 4.5 32Bit
Clarion; 3.101, 2.1, CW 1.003, 1.5, 2.0, 2.003, 4.0 & RH5.2

You may be able to kill two birds with one stone, but, in the end,
when it's all over, all you really have is two dead birds, and
you're short one stone. ^^ ^^

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Record Not Available Errorcode 33
Carter:

Some places to look for problems:

1. You don't show us how you are doing your looping.  I don't see how you
advance to the next record.

2. Are you doing a CLEAR(TDC:Record) at the beginning of the loop?

3. Why no error checking on the GET?  This might tell you something.

Jim

> [...]
|        TDC:Hosp = PAY:Hosp
|        TDC:Cancer2 = PAY:Cancer2
|        TDC:Life = PAY:Life
|        TDC:Accd = PAY:Accd
|        TDC:Plife = PAY:Plife
|        TDC:Dental = PAY:Dental
|        TDC:TotalIns = PAY:TotallIns
|        TDC:HireDate = PAY:HireDate
|        TDC:AvgHrs = PAY:AvgHrs
|        TDC:RegYTD = PAY:RegYTD
|        TDC:PayPeriods = PAY:PayPeriods
|
|            ADD(TDCFILE)
|            IF Errorcode() then stop (error()).
|            UpdCount += 1
|    .!EndIF
|

|Carter B. Bennett

|http://www.fastlane.net/~lhcs
|Using Netscape 4.5 32Bit
|Clarion; 3.101, 2.1, CW 1.003, 1.5, 2.0, 2.003, 4.0 & RH5.2
|
|You may be able to kill two birds with one stone, but, in the end,
|when it's all over, all you really have is two dead birds, and

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Record Not Available Errorcode 33
If you don't successfully GET() then the PUT() is going to fail.  You are
setting in values for the key search object, doing your GET() and then
comparing the search object with the record values.

Well, if the GET() fails then the record values are _unchanged_.  As a
matter of fact, when the GET() succeeds the record values are _unchanged_.
GET()s either succeed with a precise match to the search object or they
fail.  Checking for a match between the record values and the search object
is really not checking anything at all because the GET(), if it fails, isn't
just randomly going to return some other value.

Consider using

CASE ERRORCODE
OF NoError
! do your PUT() processing here
OF BadRecError
! do your ADD() processing here
ELSE
! do general error messaging here because the only two things you're
! expecting are no error on GET() or a "record not available" error.
END!CASE

(This will require the inclusion of Errors.Equ in your application.  It
should already be included, so don't bother if you use these error equates
and the compiler doesn't complain about them.)

Regards,
Brett C. Cammack
Technical Marketing Manager
TopSpeed Corporation

Certified Clarion Developer

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Record Not Available Errorcode 33
Hi Carter,

Add error checking after the GET to and see if you're actually reading the
record.

Larry Craddock

s.net...

Quote:
> I have a process template that takes a DOS file and updates a Clarion
file.
> The DOS file comes from a Unix box processing payroll for us each week,
> so most of the records will match each week.
> TDC:SSN = PAY:SSN
> TDC:StoreNum = PAY:StoreNum
> GET(tdcfile,TDC:SSNKEY)
>      IF PAY:SSN = TDC:SSN AND PAY:StoreNum = TDC:StoreNum then

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. C5EEa - Record Not Available(33) when deleting a record

2. Error 33 Record Not Available

3. ERROR 33 Record not available

4. Access Denied (5) / Record Not Available (33) problem

5. Insert error - Record not available (33)

6. Record not Available 33))

7. File not open (33) error

8. Shawn Bullock's HLA v1.33 Installer Now Available

9. HLA v1.33 is now available

10. Shawn Bullock's HLA v1.33 Installer is now available

11. HLA v1.33 is now available on Webster

12. Error message during creation of record. Errorcode 22055