What replaces "EXIT"?
Author Message
 What replaces "EXIT"?

When I run the app converter on my programs, I get a warning in the "tips" that
"May Not Be Able To EXIT From Here". My code is embedded in the filter area of a
browse screen. "IF a <> b then EXIT". What do I use with Clarion 4 instead?
Thanks.

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What replaces "EXIT"?

Quote:

>When I run the app converter on my programs, I get a warning in the "tips"
that
>"May Not Be Able To EXIT From Here". My code is embedded in the filter area
of a
>browse screen. "IF a <> b then EXIT". What do I use with Clarion 4 instead?

I just found out: use "IF a <> b then RETURN(Record:Filtered)" in the
'ValidateRecord' embed. It works for me but i've heard there is a more
efficient (understand faster) solution using 'Setfilter' (or something like
that). Wasn't able to make it work though. Maybe somebody else knows... and
would like to share this knowledge?

Jean-Marc

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What replaces "EXIT"?

There is an example on IceTips called C4Filter.zip designed with B2, needs
to be updated to work with Gold, but the principal is OK.

--

Regards,
Geoff Bomford

Quote:

>>When I run the app converter on my programs, I get a warning in the "tips"
>that
>>"May Not Be Able To EXIT From Here". My code is embedded in the filter
area
>of a
>>browse screen. "IF a <> b then EXIT". What do I use with Clarion 4
instead?

>I just found out: use "IF a <> b then RETURN(Record:Filtered)" in the
>'ValidateRecord' embed. It works for me but i've heard there is a more
>efficient (understand faster) solution using 'Setfilter' (or something like
>that). Wasn't able to make it work though. Maybe somebody else knows... and
>would like to share this knowledge?

>Jean-Marc

Wed, 28 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. replace string AFTER "size","initial", "next"

2. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

3. awk "search and replace"

4. Replacing "Shutdown" Action Button in LaunchPad

5. Rookie question: "Replace"-command?

6. Replacing "\"s using re.sub

7. Replace with regular expressions "except if..."

8. problem with "exiting".........

9. When to run "exit" code

10. Py_Exit if "exit" not required

11. Changing "exit" command in Tcl