Multi-User app, Problem with shared file access
Author Message
 Multi-User app, Problem with shared file access

Hello, everybody!

                I've some massive problems with my multi-user application I
want develop. Although all settings seem to be right (Default OPEN-MODE:
Share, nothing overriden), I always get error-messages when a second user
wants to access an already opened file. What am I doing wrong?

                        Thank you in advance,

                                                                Markus
Triska.

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Multi-User app, Problem with shared file access
Which error ?

Quote:

>                 I've some massive problems with my multi-user application
> want develop. Although all settings seem to be right (Default OPEN-MODE:
> Share, nothing overriden), I always get error-messages when a second user
> wants to access an already opened file. What am I doing wrong?

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Multi-User app, Problem with shared file access

It says: "Could not get write access, trying read-only"
in a message box labeled "Access denied".

Sylvain P:

Quote:
>Which error ?

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Multi-User app, Problem with shared file access

Quote:

>It says: "Could not get write access, trying read-only"
>in a message box labeled "Access denied".
>Sylvain P:
>>Which error ?

        Two possabilities:

1) CFD/Legacy,  Open all files with SHARE(file) instead of OPEN(file).
    Make sure in the project  window that SharedFiles is checked.
   ABC:Don't know my ABC's.

2) Perhaps the Network Drive or the directory where the file resides
(or even the file itself) is ReadOnly, or the user isn't logged in
with full access privilages.

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Multi-User app, Problem with shared file access

Quote:
> Two possabilities:

>1) CFD/Legacy,  Open all files with SHARE(file) instead of OPEN(file).
>    Make sure in the project  window that SharedFiles is checked.
>   ABC:Don't know my ABC's.

>2) Perhaps the Network Drive or the directory where the file resides
>(or even the file itself) is ReadOnly, or the user isn't logged in
>with full access privilages.

Thank you for your answer. This could be possible, of course. The
SHARE, however, is enabled, and the user has full access.

The point is that the problem also occurs on one single workstation,
when I run the EXE twice (with the WinNT "own memory space" option enabled).
So what's wrong?

Thu, 09 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Multi-user file sharing

2. Solving your multi-database, multi-client access problems

3. Multi-user app - record updating

4. Guidance using VA Web Connect - taking fat client and making it a multi-user server app

5. HELP! CW2.0 and Multi-User Apps

6. Multi - user app

7. Multi-user Access

8. multi-developer sharing problem

9. ABC Multi App Multi DCT question

10. Sharing code between two .app files

11. Sharing a file between Clipper Apps

12. CANNOT OPEN OR CREATE A BTRIEVE FILE IN MULTI DLL APP