How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN command
Author Message
 How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN command

Hi Fellow Clarioners

Please help!!

USING CLARION 5.5 GOLD WINDOWS 98

I use the run command to evoke a DOS command like KPZIP for instance.
RUN('PKZIP MyFiles.Zip *.TPS')
How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN command
to return to my program without the end user having to click on the X of the
DOS Window?

Thanks in anticipation

Braam Celliers

Tue, 20 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN command
Braam,

Try running a batch file instead and do a cls as the last statement.

Regards

Mohamed Ali

Quote:
> Hi Fellow Clarioners

> Please help!!

> USING CLARION 5.5 GOLD WINDOWS 98

> I use the run command to evoke a DOS command like KPZIP for instance.
> RUN('PKZIP MyFiles.Zip *.TPS')
> How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN
command
> to return to my program without the end user having to click on the X of
the
> DOS Window?

> Thanks in anticipation

> Braam Celliers

Tue, 20 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN command
Braam,

Do yourself a HUGH favor and get PowerRun.  It was (still is?) only $13
and does DOS wonderfully!

Al

Quote:

> Hi Fellow Clarioners

> Please help!!

> USING CLARION 5.5 GOLD WINDOWS 98

> I use the run command to evoke a DOS command like KPZIP for instance.
> RUN('PKZIP MyFiles.Zip *.TPS')
> How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN command
> to return to my program without the end user having to click on the X of the
> DOS Window?

> Thanks in anticipation

> Braam Celliers

Tue, 20 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN command
Braam/Mohamed
A batch command file yes, but I think what is needed is EXIT not cls.
Regards,
Randy

Quote:
> Braam,

> Try running a batch file instead and do a cls as the last statement.

> Regards

> Mohamed Ali

> > Hi Fellow Clarioners

> > Please help!!

> > USING CLARION 5.5 GOLD WINDOWS 98

> > I use the run command to evoke a DOS command like KPZIP for instance.
> > RUN('PKZIP MyFiles.Zip *.TPS')
> > How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN
> command
> > to return to my program without the end user having to click on the X of
> the
> > DOS Window?

> > Thanks in anticipation

> > Braam Celliers

Tue, 20 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN command
Do yourself a BIG FAVOR, get LSZip or LSPack from Linder Software...

http://www.lindersoftware.com

You will NOT regret it, believe me.

For other needs use the Windows API ShellExecuteEx, not RUN.

--
Lee White, TeamVelocity
Lodestar Software: www.CWaddons.com

Quote:
> Hi Fellow Clarioners

> Please help!!

> USING CLARION 5.5 GOLD WINDOWS 98

> I use the run command to evoke a DOS command like KPZIP for instance.
> RUN('PKZIP MyFiles.Zip *.TPS')
> How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN
command
> to return to my program without the end user having to click on the X
of the
> DOS Window?

> Thanks in anticipation

> Braam Celliers

Tue, 20 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I automatically close the DOS Window after executing the RUN command
Braam,

Quote:
> RUN('PKZIP MyFiles.Zip *.TPS')
> How can I automatically close the DOS Window after

Right-click PKzip.exe, in the explorer, and select "properties".
Tick the checkbox "Close window when finished"

--
Best regards,
Maarten

Wed, 21 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting a Dos window close when using the RUN command

2. Using the file dialog in windows and executing DOS commands

3. Executing a Windows or DOS Command in VWIN

4. Automatically close panel after run

5. How to Closing Multiple Windows automatically?

6. Closing MDI child windows automatically

7. Automatically Close Lookup Window

8. VW -- How to execute DOS commands

9. Execute Dos Command in CW2.003

10. FAILURE: run command executed recursively

11. How to execute DOS command from C program other than with SYSTEM

12. Executing a DOS-Command from a Fortran Executable