Finding the missing icon at compilation
Author Message
 Finding the missing icon at compilation

I do it a similar way but I use EditPlus which gives a listing of the
filename, line number and line info.

Quote:
>Henrik,
>I don't know about everyone else, but I usually resort to doing a text
>search of the .clw files to find the module it's referenced in.  I use an
>old Norton utility (ts.exe) but I think it would work just as well going
>through the windows "Find files and folders" option using *.clw for the file
>mask and checkf.ico for the "Containing text"  option.

>-Mike

>> Hi all,

>> I have a returning problem. I'm installing a new computer and I'm about to
>> transfer software. To get a fresh start I install Clarion from the CD.
>Then
>> I transfer alle source and data to the new computer and compile the first
>> app. Then it happens: at the end of compilation I get this message:
>> Error(2): cif$fileopen checkf.ico. Can't find the file.

>> I have had this problem many times. And the question is how do I find out
>> where the heck this icon i referenced in the code? Is there any smart way
>> do this?

>> --
>> Regards,

>> Henrik Kartin
>> Kartin Data
>> Denmark

Booker Bennett

Topfloor Computer Systems

Sun, 15 May 2005 00:36:17 GMT
 Finding the missing icon at compilation
Hi Didier,

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:09:37 +0100, Didier Le Duc

Quote:

>It has an option to manage all icons in the app and to create a copy
>of all used icons in the directory of your choice (might be the
>standard Images directory or a sub directory of your app.

I use a z-icons subdir for all .ico and .cur images - ALWAYS.  So my
red file has this for starters:

*.ico=.;.\z-icons

This means that I NEVER have to go chasing images all over the place.
When I move to a client machine I just add this to the red file if
it's not there and everything compiles.  I use this for .clw and .inc
files also as well as all other generated files - they all go into
subdirs.  That way I have a completely clean app directory and I can
very quickly force re-generation of everything.

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

Sun, 15 May 2005 04:55:19 GMT

1. Finding the missing icon at compilation

2. gnat compilation fails with missing symbols

3. Tcl8.0b2 BUG: Expression compilation (missing substitution)

4. Missing icons in executable

5. App Icon Gone Missing!

6. missing icon, dos error

7. C5a - Missing Icon?

8. Missing Icon Display in Celeron Processor PC

9. Missing ICON's!

10. Office Templates - Missing icons

11. Icons missing in 'Local' mode

12. Missing Icons